PDA

View Full Version : Further proof I sucketh...

Mags
02-16-2010, 14:09
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-15-cities_N.htm

jrwiesz
02-16-2010, 16:21
Honolulu, HI and Cedar Rapids IA are both pretty high on the list.

I have visited both, and enjoyed them both. I hope to be able to visit Boulder some day.:sun

twosticks
02-16-2010, 16:51
There is something horribly wrong with that list. They have Trenton, NJ in 25th place. Can't be serious.:eek:

Bearpaw
02-16-2010, 17:17
Washington, DC is number 8? I've never been in a more hellish place.

I can see Boulder ranking pretty high. Salt Lake too. But DC? No way, no how.

twosticks
02-16-2010, 17:24
Washington, DC is number 8? I've never been in a more hellish place.

I can see Boulder ranking pretty high. Salt Lake too. But DC? No way, no how.

Hey, I resemble that comment. We have some pretty close hikes and, if I'm not mistaken, more snow than Vancouver has right now.

:D

Bearpaw
02-16-2010, 18:14
Hey, I resemble that comment. We have some pretty close hikes and, if I'm not mistaken, more snow than Vancouver has right now.

:D

Nashville, TN has more snow than Vancouver right now!

I HATE traffic. DC traffic alone was enough to keep me clear of the Beltway. I was in the region for 4 1/2 years while in service. Hard to beat Atlanta for rough traffic, but DC manages.

Cakon
02-16-2010, 18:17
Glad to see Holand, Michigan on the list. That is the first good thing I have heard about Michigan in a long time. I lived in Michigan most of my life all you hear about is unemployment, D-town being a wasteland ext ext.

fehchet
02-16-2010, 20:16
Snow in Vancouver? There is never that much snow in Vancouver. It rains more than it snows in the winter. You turn on your windshield wipers in November and shut them off at the end of April. My dad would take me to the base of Grouse Mountain and there would be no snow. The chairlift would then take me up to elevation where there actually was snow and trails to ski on. Meanwhile, Dad would go play a round of golf before he came back to get me. It is called the Japanese Current.

Lion King
02-17-2010, 21:52
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-02-15-cities_N.htm

interestingly enough, a lot of the cities in the top are where weed is legal now for medical purposes...see 'foot pain'.

leaftye
02-17-2010, 23:03
There is something horribly wrong with that list. They have Trenton, NJ in 25th place. Can't be serious.:eek:

Agreed. How can it be higher than a city named after me?

Reid
02-17-2010, 23:29
Charleston didn't even make the list, everybody loves chucktown?

thelowend
02-17-2010, 23:52
the problem i see with the survey though is sample size.. not nearly big enough to answer such a general inquiry. Not to mention the utter apple-to-orange-comparison-attempt of it all.. Not everybody will do best in Boulder and I'm sure that there's some dude in Ashland, WV that thinks he is the luckiest guy in the world. these kinds of things make me chuckle

vikcicle
02-18-2010, 10:40

I have to agree there, I refuse to believe that Trenton is heathier and bettor off than my home: MADtown WI. Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Two Speed
02-18-2010, 11:47
. . . Hard to beat Atlanta for rough traffic, but DC manages.Well, some of the yuppies try to help by equipping their teenagers with high powered Mustangs and what not. A big motor and a little stupidity can go a long way to enriching your life. :cool:

Mags
02-18-2010, 12:40
interestingly enough, a lot of the cities in the top are where weed is legal now for medical purposes...see 'foot pain'.

As I type, I am across the plaza from a medical marijuana place. You know, for those with "back pain"...

Mags
02-18-2010, 12:42
the problem i see with the survey though is sample size..

I agree. Now excuse me while I sample a lovely stroll in the foothills this afternoon. Tomorrow I plan on sampling some skiing less than an hour away.

Coupled with what I plan on experiencing this weekend, that should increase my sample size...