PDA

View Full Version : Multiple attacks by rabid raccoons results in mass vaccination effort

Appalachian Tater
02-16-2010, 20:07
This is a good reminder not to feed or approach wild animals:

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/16/city-now-vaccinating-raccoons-for-rabies/

If you are ever bitten, seek emergency treatment immediately because once rabies develops, there is no treatment. :(

sasquatch2014
02-16-2010, 20:51
Any questions as to why the taxes are so out of hand in NYC?

burger
02-16-2010, 21:14
Any questions as to why the taxes are so out of hand in NYC?
It's gotta be cheaper to vaccinate the raccoons than to pay out the multi-million dollar settlement when someone dies of rabies.

Appalachian Tater
02-16-2010, 21:20
Any questions as to why the taxes are so out of hand in NYC?Yes, because New Yorkers have to support the rest of the state. New York City gets back from the state much less than its residents send to Albany and the rest of the state gets the balance. If the people in the rest of the population paid their fare share, then taxes in NYC could be decreased. :sun

sasquatch2014
02-16-2010, 21:21
It's gotta be cheaper to vaccinate the raccoons than to pay out the multi-million dollar settlement when someone dies of rabies.

It's cheaper to pay for a hit on the moron suing over getting bitten by a wild animal and the POS lawyer that decided to represent them than settling.:eek:

sasquatch2014
02-16-2010, 21:25
Yes, because New Yorkers have to support the rest of the state. New York City gets back from the state much less than its residents send to Albany and the rest of the state gets the balance. If the people in the rest of the population paid their fare share, then taxes in NYC could be decreased. :sun

May want to re-think that. Maybe you can tell me why I am now paying an MTA tax. I live 1:45 min from the city and don't really use the MTA. The last time I did the train didn't even come they put us on a bus to bus us 20 min south and ended up missing my connections. None of this has to do with the Raccoons but I didn't want to come out with the point that a .22 cal bullet is a hell of a lot cheaper than trapping vaccinating and releasing a raccoon in NYC. But fine I'll say it.

take-a-knee
02-16-2010, 21:29
Yes, because New Yorkers have to support the rest of the state. New York City gets back from the state much less than its residents send to Albany and the rest of the state gets the balance. If the people in the rest of the population paid their fare share, then taxes in NYC could be decreased. :sun

Once again Tater tot, you've got it bass-ackwards.

Appalachian Tater
02-16-2010, 21:34
May want to re-think that. Maybe you can tell me why I am now paying an MTA tax. I live 1:45 min from the city and don't really use the MTA. The last time I did the train didn't even come they put us on a bus to bus us 20 min south and ended up missing my connections. None of this has to do with the Raccoons but I didn't want to come out with the point that a .22 cal bullet is a hell of a lot cheaper than trapping vaccinating and releasing a raccoon in NYC. But fine I'll say it.

We can't afford to shoot the raccoons as we have a very limited supply. You have plenty of raccoons up where you are and take them for granted.

Drop some them off in Central Park next time you're in town. To keep it in line with the tax situation, we will give you five rats in exchange for every one raccoon. Please give 24 hours advance notice and include the number of raccoons you will be exchanging in your reservation. Offer is only valid Sunday through Friday, 6am to 10pm.

Appalachian Tater
02-16-2010, 21:37
Once again Tater tot, you've got it bass-ackwards.

What is backwards? New York State also sends more money to Washington than we get back, literally by billions and billions of dollars every year. The richer areas in this country support the poorer areas both in states and between states in the nation as a whole. Facts is facts, Google it!

sasquatch2014
02-16-2010, 21:54
We can't afford to shoot the raccoons as we have a very limited supply. You have plenty of raccoons up where you are and take them for granted.

Drop some them off in Central Park next time you're in town. To keep it in line with the tax situation, we will give you five rats in exchange for every one raccoon. Please give 24 hours advance notice and include the number of raccoons you will be exchanging in your reservation. Offer is only valid Sunday through Friday, 6am to 10pm.

I need a good laugh. Thanks. I'll try and round some up. Will there be a tick infested deer exchange program as well? I trade you the flying rat with wings aka pigeons for some.:D

HikerRanky
02-16-2010, 21:58
Very interesting thread.... too bad it devolved into a tax and politics discussion in 10 posts or less.