PDA

View Full Version : Coffee & Tea drinkers, you're in luck!

RockStar
02-19-2010, 15:39
Greetings and salutations smelly people of the hiking world! I am a Starbuckian employee(Partner) and the company encourages us to use our discount as we see fit, so long as WE actually pay for the items and don't hand out our numbers. SO, if you need coffee or tea at 30% off, from Bucks, then I am willing to help and it'll cost you exact shipping and patience bc I work A LOT. If you haven't tried the VIA it is excellent, I prefer the Italian blend when it comes to Via. You can pvt message me with any questions and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. This offer is good for as long as I work there and aren't feeling overwhelmed by the requests. PLEASE don't ask me to get you anything ridiculously big...COFFEE and TEA only, please! Happy hiking!

Disclaimer: If you don't like Starbucks then please refrain from commenting as i am NOT affiliated with the Complaint Department.

Mags: Your mug is still in my friends car. It will be there until the end of time. :o

IceAge
02-19-2010, 15:58
Heya Rocky! If you remember, I'm the guy that bought your HH Asym a few years back, glad to hear you're living it up in Denver. The hammock is getting plenty of use when the weather cooperates, it took a nice trip to Indiana w/ me last June on the Tecumseh Trail.

My wife drinks a ton of tea, so maybe I'll take you up on your kind offer. Take care!

JAK
02-19-2010, 16:11
Starbuck's doesn't make a very good Chai. Too sweet.
It's not that it's all their fault though. Their urbanite customers are idiots. ;)

Tim Horton's Chai is much better. Ask for Chai with triple milk, no sugar.
$1.73 for an extra large, which comes with 2 tea bags instead of one,
and none of that syrup crap. Why is it better, and cheaper? Better class of clientelle. :)

RockStar
02-19-2010, 17:45
Heya Rocky! If you remember, I'm the guy that bought your HH Asym a few years back, glad to hear you're living it up in Denver. The hammock is getting plenty of use when the weather cooperates, it took a nice trip to Indiana w/ me last June on the Tecumseh Trail.

My wife drinks a ton of tea, so maybe I'll take you up on your kind offer. Take care!

I do think abou that hammock. Wierd how you get attached to some gear like a step-child. :p The tea is full leaf now. I use to rip the bags open and press my tea, but the full leaf sachets are just as good and less of a mess! I do have a collection of the boxes of bagged teas in a Tazo display I might be willing to part with for the wanting tea lover! I am switching to cans of the whole leaf.

Starbuck's doesn't make a very good Chai. Too sweet.
It's not that it's all their fault though. Their urbanite customers are idiots. ;)

Tim Horton's Chai is much better. Ask for Chai with triple milk, no sugar.
$1.73 for an extra large, which comes with 2 tea bags instead of one,
and none of that syrup crap. Why is it better, and cheaper? Better class of clientelle. :)

I am not a huge Chai fan, but it is a VERY true statement that our Chai concentrate is sub-par in regards to taste. A true Chai lover gets a misto. A true glutton gets Breve(Half n Half)! :banana

Im obsessed with the Casi Cielo coffee right now. It was created for a fine dining rest. in Seattle where they sell it 8 bucks a cup. A misto with it and some Breve is HEAVEN, thus the name meaning "Almost heaven", obviously it's ACTUAL heaven with steamed Half n Half. :D

KnittingMelissa
02-20-2010, 16:28
I would take you up on your offer next year, but I ended up with several boxes of tea thanks to Starbucks a few years back, for free! It's awesome, though I am getting sick of mint tea.

bmwsmity
02-25-2010, 19:29
VIA is the bomb for hiking!!! I'm amazed at how it tastes EXACTLY like coffee from the coffee shop...

LIGHT too...no need for a press... :)

white_russian
02-25-2010, 20:23
Ahh, Starbucks. I don't frequent coffee shops often, but when I do I usually order a cafe au lait. I havn't found a starbucks barista yet who didn't give me a blank stare when I ask for cafe au lait. It is pretty funny that they don't know such a simple drink.