PDA

View Full Version : Adzpctko!

Dicentra
02-19-2010, 16:58
Is in 63 days (not that I'm counting or anything...) :banana

Who's going??!

I'll be there. I am speaking in the Pavillion on Saturday night right after dinner. Come hear me yammer about trail food. I'm also going to get a few PCT miles in while I'm down there. :rolleyes:

Erik The Black
02-19-2010, 17:45
Me and the Atlas will be there :)

Cya there...

Roughin' It
02-19-2010, 17:58
Your Atlas looks pretty sweet.

I will definitely purchase it if I ever hike the PCT

wtmntcaretaker
02-19-2010, 18:37
I am flying in to san diego on Saturday so I sadly will not be there...

Guy
02-19-2010, 18:49
I'll be there if I manage to swing a ride back from where ever I am on the trail.

Dicentra
02-19-2010, 19:18
I'll be there if I manage to swing a ride back from where ever I am on the trail.

If you are anywhere near section A I doubt that will be a problem! :)

Jester2000
02-19-2010, 19:27
I'm planning on being there. I'll also most likely be swinging by some road crossings to see if there's anyone who needs a ride. Probably start at Warner Springs and work my way south.

Dogwood
02-19-2010, 19:44

I also think it shouldn't be a problem. Ask around too see what other PCTers are doing. There is usually a ride board floating around somewhere too. Once you get to the Kickoff it will probably be even easier to get a ride back to where you left off. Pick a main road for the place to get off.

Colter
02-19-2010, 22:36
And I'm looking forward to it!

Canada Goose
02-20-2010, 20:11
I'm planning on being there. I'll also most likely be swinging by some road crossings to see if there's anyone who needs a ride. Probably start at Warner Springs and work my way south.

Your Beamish enthusiasm is thwarting your attempt at drabness, and aloofness! :D

Of course, I wish I could go along too.... ;)

Jester2000
02-20-2010, 20:38
Your Beamish enthusiasm is thwarting your attempt at drabness, and aloofness! :D

Of course, I wish I could go along too.... ;)

Did you watch Walked yet?

Canada Goose
02-20-2010, 21:14
Did you watch Walked yet?

As it happens, at exactly 1;29 pm Eastern Standard Time, I did!

And, as this post proves, I am still alive and well, no worse from the wear and tear of watching you attempt to be caught actually hiking on the PCT. :p

Otherwise, I thought you aquitted yourself fairly well, representing the A.T. class of 2000, and Eastern hikers in general. It was fascinating watching your beard grow by leaps and bounds, in the space of 70 minutes. ;)

In fact, I got the impression that Squatch did his very best to include your sorry ass in this film, knowing that your antics, fun loving escapades, and throaty chuckle would boost ratings, and increase sales. :D

I also felt that, having finished the PCT, we have seen the last of his fine filmwork. :(

That is, until you invite him to come east, and do the A.T. Now that would be some happy news! :)

And, another oportunity for him to try to catch you attempting to hike. (On film, of course :o)

Honk! CG

Mad Hatter 08
02-20-2010, 21:45
I have to see if I'm off that weekend cuz I don't have any pto. But if I am I'll be able shuttle from Warner springs south.

sarbar
02-21-2010, 09:56
Di isn't excited at all :D

She gets humming around this time of year....lol! Wish I could come with her this year but no way this time - I will have a newborn of a couple weeks.

As per usual in our friendship whoever gets to go on a cool trip then rubs it in for weeks/months/years into the one who couldn't make it :D

sbhikes
02-21-2010, 10:57
I won't be going. I scheduled a big bike ride for that same weekend. Kickoff I can live without, but it is sad not to be hiking the PCT again this summer.

Dicentra
02-22-2010, 14:08
Di isn't excited at all :D

She gets humming around this time of year....lol! Wish I could come with her this year but no way this time - I will have a newborn of a couple weeks.

As per usual in our friendship whoever gets to go on a cool trip then rubs it in for weeks/months/years into the one who couldn't make it :D

Pretty much. Worse this year too! Hoosierdaddy managed to get on the same flight as me. T&T will be there too. PNWH representing! :banana LMAO.

59 days!

OTOH - Sar rubbed it in for YEARS that she got to do the PCT section I always wanted to do... Finally got it done in 09. S'all good fun.

Mad Hatter 08
02-22-2010, 20:34
So just found out I will be off that weekend yeah!! So I'm planning on going up to Warner springs and head south to pick up hikers and I should have enough room for four. Or if anyone needs pickup from the airport I can swing that way instead.

Jonnycat
03-04-2010, 12:22
No. Not going. If I want to be social, I'll stay in town, not go out into the woods to hoot and holler.

There are people freaking *everywhere* in this world, except for a few quiet places on the trail, and I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to changing that.

/goes back under his rock

DrRichardCranium
03-04-2010, 12:24
From the title of this thread, I figured someone's cat just sat on the keyboard.

Mags
03-04-2010, 12:55
No. Not going. If I want to be social, I'll stay in town, not go out into the woods to hoot and holler.

There are people freaking *everywhere* in this world, except for a few quiet places on the trail, and I'll be damned if I'm going to contribute to changing that.

/goes back under his rock

http://rlv.zcache.com/get_off_my_lawn_yah_dang_hooligans_tee_by_outrag_t shirt-p23530778460065623239ky_400.jpg

(As an aside, the KO is hardly in the woods. It is in a very large and established campground right next to a small neighborhood in the one of the very outer 'burbs of San Diego)

Miner
03-04-2010, 16:06
(As an aside, the KO is hardly in the woods. It is in a very large and established campground right next to a small neighborhood in the one of the very outer 'burbs of San Diego) And the trail goes through said campground and they feed the thru-hikers for free.

That said, I claimed I wasn't going last year when I left on April 17th. However, by the time I got to Warner Springs and was offered a ride back to it, my feet decided they needed a break for the blisters (which I don't normally get) to heal. Staying at ADZPCTKO for free verses paying at Warner Springs was a no brainer. Just so you know, the ADZPCTKO is no Trail Days in Damascus. It doesn't have the same party atmosphere; no drum circles and most people actually go to bed at a decent hour.

Mags
03-04-2010, 17:45
It doesn't have the same party atmosphere; no drum circles and most people actually go to bed at a decent hour.

Very low key indeed. My favorite hiker gathering overall.

There is partying..but it is .5 mile or so away in some private cabins on other side of the lake area. The organizers of the KO do a great job of letting people be festive w/o disturbing people the people who need to get up in the AM to hike. :)

Mango
03-04-2010, 18:00
I'll be there, assuming I can get a ride back from around Warner Springs. I'm leaving Campo on Friday the 16th. Maybe one of these earlier posters will see me and take pity.

Ewker
03-04-2010, 19:34
one of these days I am going to make it to this

Dicentra
03-05-2010, 14:28
I'll be there, assuming I can get a ride back from around Warner Springs. I'm leaving Campo on Friday the 16th. Maybe one of these earlier posters will see me and take pity.

Check the ADZ website. They will have a ride board up.

Mad Hatter 08
03-06-2010, 16:24

I'm looking at probably being able to pick up hikers from between Warner Springs and the KO I have a smaller sedan but I should have room for at least 3 possibly 4 depending on trunk space (I was thinking of adding a cooler with cold beverages and snacks for everyone) PM and we can swap some info.

Dicentra
03-09-2010, 16:43
45 days away!!!

Me? Excited? Nope. Not I. :banana

Mad Hatter 08
03-12-2010, 00:01
45 days away!!!

Me? Excited? Nope. Not I. :banana

LOL but you are you not the only one. Just wish I could have taken time off so I could actually hike some.

Jonnycat
03-13-2010, 18:23
Just wish I could have taken time off so I could actually hike some.

Call in sick - sick of work!

Mags
03-13-2010, 18:45

It is called a vision problem..you can't see going into work. :D

Mad Hatter 08
03-13-2010, 20:41

It is called a vision problem..you can't see going into work. :D

If I hadn't taken so much time off the last few months to take care of my grandma who recently passed away I would, I could use the destress of hiking.

Mags
03-13-2010, 21:02
If I hadn't taken so much time off the last few months to take care of my grandma who recently passed away I would, I could use the destress of hiking.

Sorry to hear that. Grandma Mags passed away a little less than a year ago. I miss her dearly.

Mad Hatter 08
03-16-2010, 12:43
Sorry to hear that. Grandma Mags passed away a little less than a year ago. I miss her dearly.

Thank you, I'm mostly happy though about it, she had been slowly declining and had esophageal cancer for 2 1/2 years. So she is at least free from all of that. The end was also pretty quick and painless so that was a blessing.

Jester2000
03-16-2010, 12:44
Events may be conspiring to keep me from going.

Dicentra
03-16-2010, 13:31
Events may be conspiring to keep me from going.

Noooo!!!! I'll bring you cheese... :sun

Mags
03-16-2010, 14:02
Thank you, I'm mostly happy though about it, she had been slowly declining and had esophageal cancer for 2 1/2 years. So she is at least free from all of that. The end was also pretty quick and painless so that was a blessing.

Oddly enough I found out my Grandmother passed away while I was at KO last year. I won't bother to write the whole story, but you can read it here. (http://www.pmags.com/joomla/index.php/component/option,com_mojo/Itemid,/p,36/)

She was a good woman and I am thankful I had her so long in my life.

On a cheerier not (kind of?), I don't think I'll be able to make the KO. :(

Colter
03-16-2010, 19:34
...I don't think I'll be able to make the KO. :(

I think you should drop everything and go. We could tell entertaining tales and yuck it up. It would be the first time I've seen you since just out of Silverthorne in 2008. As a matter of fact, that's the only time I've seen you!

Mags
03-16-2010, 21:15
I As a matter of fact, that's the only time I've seen you!

Some people might consider themselves lucky that they only saw me once. :D

Dicentra
05-05-2010, 15:54
Some people might consider themselves lucky that they only saw me once. :D

Nah! We missed you this year! :welcome

Mags
05-05-2010, 21:41
Nah! We missed you this year! :welcome

Wish I was there. I only started a new job less than month before the KO...and need to go to Rhody.

Next year though... :)

Mountain Gal
05-07-2010, 01:12
We missed you at the check-in table, Mags! Hope you can make it next year...
Katy (aka GoSlowGoFar)