PDA

View Full Version : that big orange thing in the sky

mountain squid
02-20-2010, 16:24
Did anyone else see it? That big orange thing that was emitting warmth and brightness. It has been so long since I've seen it that I wasn't sure what it was. It was accompanied by clear, blueness everywhere. It wasn't around for long and is even now getting tucked away behind gray puffy floating things. Maybe it will come back some day....

Anyone else see it that can shed some light on this phenomenon?

See you on the trail,
mt squid

:sun

KnittingMelissa
02-20-2010, 16:25
I have no clue. In Seattle it likes to hover around now and again. We think it might be a space ship trying to kidnap Mt. Rainer.

Different Socks
02-20-2010, 16:33
I think I saw it last week.....or was it the week before? Some say there are signs it will appear again tomorrow. If I get a picture do you think MUFON would be interested?

Mrs Baggins
02-20-2010, 16:33
It's been hovering over us today and the people have come out of their homes to worship and adore it!

Maddog
02-20-2010, 16:37
61" on springer today! i wish i was there!!! maddog:sun:cool::D:banana

Elder
02-20-2010, 16:39
:eek: the Day Star...it Burns...:sun aghhhhhh..

:rolleyes:

mountain squid
02-20-2010, 16:40
I believe it is heading in a westerly direction so maybe those on the west coast will see it, if only briefly. I can't really see it anymore so I can't tell if it has abducted anything in its path.

MUFON?!?!

See you on the trail,
mt squid

JustaTouron
02-20-2010, 16:44
I believe it is heading in a westerly direction so maybe those on the west coast will see it, if only briefly. I can't really see it anymore so I can't tell if it has abducted anything in its path.

MUFON?!?!

See you on the trail,
mt squid

it took the snowman that was in our neighbors backyard.

modiyooch
02-20-2010, 17:24
glorious day. ran twice as far to make up for past weeks.

Jester2000
02-20-2010, 18:41
It's going to crash into the earth!!!! Run for your lives!!!!!

Mrs Baggins
02-20-2010, 19:18
We need to invent special glasses......dark lenses.........shield our eyes from this intruder's too-bright presence......oh wait. We already have those. It's been so long since I needed them. I forgot. Forgive me.

jnanagardener
02-20-2010, 19:34
Yep. Had an awesome five hours of gardening. Sure, I'm in the "Sunshine State" but there hasn't been much of it this winter.

Bear Cables
02-20-2010, 20:04
Beautiful sunny mild day in Louisiana! If I couldn't be hiking at least I was on the golf course!

Helios
02-20-2010, 20:08
I've heard that this bright thing in the sky aint nuttin' but a bunch of gas, sort of like a thru hiker. So, what's the big deal in that? :sun

buff_jeff
02-20-2010, 20:16
Yeah, awesome day here in Pittsburgh. Helped set up a land navigation course in Frick Park for about 4-5 hours. Plenty of people out and about enjoying the day as well. :banana

Hooch
02-20-2010, 20:36
'Twas beautiful, sunny and 62 degrees Fahrenheit earlier today at Mountain Crossings. Gorgeous day for the drive back to Charlotte as well! :D

Blissful
02-20-2010, 20:40
It can't melt the snow fast enough here. The mud reminds me of VT. argh

gunner76
02-20-2010, 21:16
We have heard that this so called light is called the "sun" and it is believed to is a right wing plot to disprove global warming. Of course, ex president Bush, Rush and Beck might claim it is a undiscovered weapon of mass destruction that the Taliban is using to bring our country to its knees. As many of us have not seen this so called orange light, we can neither prove or disprove its existence.

Regardeless, I'm going for a hike tomorrow.

mountain squid
02-20-2010, 22:01
whatever it was...maybe it will be back tomorrow...

http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons/emoticon-object-062.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/emoticons.php)

See you on the trail,
mt squid

mountain squid
03-03-2010, 09:42
It is still snowing. I can briefly remember seeing that big, orange thing last Friday for a little while ..... anyone have a more recent glimpse?

See you on the trail,
mt squid

beakerman
03-03-2010, 13:18
It is still snowing. I can briefly remember seeing that big, orange thing last Friday for a little while ..... anyone have a more recent glimpse?

See you on the trail,
mt squid

This is why I live in SE TX we actually get to see the Sun most of the time...even in this bleak nasty winter we ahve been having. It's one of the coldest I have seen since leaving MD/PA almost 20 years ago....and that includes 5 years in NM.