PDA

View Full Version : Springer March 5

Plodderman
02-22-2010, 09:22
My son and I are going to do a 3 or 4 day out and back at Springer MT.

What can I expect weather wize?

Good place to park at around the access trail to Springer?

We are both experinced hikers and will do around 40 miles for the whole trip. How have you hiked this section as far as miles and shelter. We are taking a tent but would stay in shelters but I would anticpate them being crowded with through hikers.

If we would have someone take us out and drop us off and we hike back to the car at Springer, could you give us a good starting point.

max patch
02-22-2010, 09:46
Leave your car at Amicalola State Park (very safe parking) and get dropped off at Neels Gap. Aprox 30 miles Neels to Springer and an additional 8 miles on the blue blazed approach trail (old AT) to ASP.

CrumbSnatcher
02-22-2010, 14:36
My son and I are going to do a 3 or 4 day out and back at Springer MT.

What can I expect weather wize?

Good place to park at around the access trail to Springer?

We are both experinced hikers and will do around 40 miles for the whole trip. How have you hiked this section as far as miles and shelter. We are taking a tent but would stay in shelters but I would anticpate them being crowded with through hikers.

If we would have someone take us out and drop us off and we hike back to the car at Springer, could you give us a good starting point.
hope you have a great hike, march 5th is the best day of the year to be on the trail!:D

Blissful
02-22-2010, 14:41
Possibly still be snow around the ground then. Check weather updates.

Cool AT Breeze
02-22-2010, 14:52
You can park your car here and I will give you a ride to Springer for 80.00.

Plodderman
02-22-2010, 15:22
You can park your car here and I will give you a ride to Springer for 80.00.

Sounds like a plan Cool AT Breeze. I will connect with my son tonight and get back to you tomorrow to work out details.