PDA

View Full Version : montbell UL SS #2 regular left zip

jbrecon2
02-22-2010, 17:43
Hey everyone, i finally made the big purchase on this bag and couldnt be happier. I was able to find it at Plateauoutdoors.com for $283 (40 dollars less than retail). All I can say is WOW!! If your on the fence than buy it!! I wanted to clear a few things i saw on other threads about this bag. Someone said it was a questionable fit and that their wife who is 5'4 uses the long. I am 5'8, and it fits great with several inches to spare. I'm a big bulky guy and i can roll around in it, sleep on my side and sit up without any difficulty. In fact, it can even be zipped in the sitting position. I am right handed and got the left zip which works perfectly since i sleep on my left. It packs down nicely and can be stuffed to the second drawstring with a little extra effort, although i will probally use a much bigger stuff sack to protect the loft. Anyway, just my two cents.

Rick500
02-22-2010, 19:26
Glad you like it. I just bought the same one a month or so ago, and I couldn't be happier with it. Just under 5' 10" and the regular fits perfectly.

If I was one inch taller I'd probably go with the long version.

If this thing ever wears out, I'm buying another one.

LIhikers
02-22-2010, 21:51
I've had one for a couple of years, and I'm still very happy with it.
You could do a lot worse for a sleeping bag.

buz
02-23-2010, 09:25
Same as Lihikers, I have had the #2 long for 2+ years, about 50 nights slept in. Great bag, fits me perfectly and for flippy floppy side sleeper, great for rolling around in, trying to get that perfect sleeping position.

jbrecon2
02-23-2010, 16:04
just an update. I slept in this sucker last night with my windows open (new jersey bone chilling cold) and my fan on. I was nice and toasty and woke up with that feeling of it was well worth foregoing the morning pee for another 30 minutes to continue laying warm and cozy. Again, if your on the fence for whatever reason like I was, BUY IT!!

Manwich
02-23-2010, 16:20
Seconded. I bid sniped mine on eBay for only $160.