PDA

View Full Version : One more thread, and then I'll shut up about it..

TownDawg
09-28-2004, 13:45
There's an event held in Cumberland Gap, TN that will showcase various backpackers preparing all sorts of food in hopes of winning prizes.

http://www.titaniumchef.com

It's called Titanium Chef Backcountry Cookoff, and is free to watch, and $20 to enter. Several hiking/backpacking/outdoor sports stores contributed prizes to help encourage participation. This is the 4th year to conduct the event.

It's part of a larger event held in Cumberland Gap, TN called the Heritage Trails Festival, that will feature music, races, and demonstrations/talks about gear and skills.

http://www.heritagetrailsfest.com

I won't worry you to death about coming, but I also don't want you not to know about it. Here's a great opportunity to learn some good cooking tricks/technique, meet some nice folks, and eat some good food. I hope you will consider making it part of your fall schedule -- October 15 and 16th.

Thanks!

(We return you to our normally scheduled program.)

:)

Pencil Pusher
09-28-2004, 18:25
Within the course of three minutes you posted this exact message (including title) in three separate forums. Can anyone say SPAM?

attroll
09-29-2004, 00:11
Thanks for pointing that out Pencil. I just deleted the other post. But this does sound like something that would interesting to attend. To bad it is so far away.

Lugnut
09-29-2004, 01:38
I don't think it was intentional spam but rather an honest attempt to make sure it was posted to appropriate forums.

TownDawg
09-29-2004, 07:37
Every year, we have people say after Titanium Chef "wow, wish I'd known about it. That's sounds kool as heck." My intent was not SPAM, only to try to get the word out. My apologies to anyone it offended.

Lone Wolf
09-29-2004, 07:39
Fried SPAM on white bread slathered with Gulden's brown mustard.

Chappy
09-29-2004, 08:03
If you look at his subject line he was very up front about his intentions. I'm sure he was jsut trying to get info to as many people as possible. Many folks restrict their viewing of the forums.

Lone Wolf: I hear SPAM is the meat of choice of the Hawaiian people.

Rain Man
09-29-2004, 09:35
.... To bad it is so far away.

What the heck are you talking about, Rick?!!! It's a lot closer than that First Annual WhiteBlaze Gathering was!!! LOL
:jump

Rain Man

MDSHiker
09-29-2004, 09:45
I don't consider this SPAM. I attended the 2nd annual Titanium Chef event and had a great time. It's very difficult to get the word out to other hikers and this is just one way to do it. Other magazines, clubs, and people have copied the "Titanium Chef" idea since it was started by TownDawg about 4 years ago. This is the "original" cooking event just for backpackers. There will be many AT thru/section hikers in attendance. It's a lot of fun to either participate or watch. Hmmm...spam...I just thought up a possible winning recipe !

Sherpa
09-29-2004, 09:58
I wouldn't consider this spam in this forum, Off Topic. Now it would be spam if it was put in every single forum.

Did anyone read the rules to the Ti contest, "No road kill", that was nice of them to include that. What is the rule of thumb, "if there is a rule against it, someone has tried it"

sgtjinx
09-29-2004, 13:19
Fried SPAM on white bread slathered with Gulden's brown mustard.
What SPAM really means:
S - Slime
P - Passed
A - As
M - Meat

:banana

Sgt Jinx

Jersey Bob
09-29-2004, 22:25
at least 10 characters