PDA

View Full Version : Little Big Econ Forest section- images

bus
02-26-2010, 16:40
A few images from a hike me and a couple of friends did a few weeks back.

Nice hike, though we got a late start. Frost on the ground the next morning.

http://www.brownbusproductions.com/econhike/index.htm

genxrex
03-07-2010, 21:36
I want to do this section of the econ. Where did you start/finish? what kinda mileage did you do daily? do you have any gps cords of the camp sites?

lilricky
03-07-2010, 22:42
I just hiked this section a few days ago, just cleaning up my centerline and waypoints. One thing about the river, if you plan on using it as a water source, a pump filter will not be able to filter out all of the tannin(its the organic substance that tints the water that brown/burgundy color)completely. It will be drinkable after filtering, but it will be a bit off-color. Had a great time camping this section, but remember to get a permit from the Florida Dept of Forestry, or else you will be told to remove your camp.

bus
03-08-2010, 09:43
Went again this past weekend.

genxrex, it is an easy hike in. We hiked in from the Barr St. trailhead. made it in in about an hour, maybe, with several stops for picture taking etc.

There are other trailheads in, though Barr Street is the one that you use if you are over-nighting it. Camp sites are easyto find if you use themap from the forest site.

At work now but will post a more detailed write-up this evening.

mike36fan
03-16-2010, 14:17
Cool shots. I'd like to get out there soon. I'm a newbie and only doing 3-4 mile trails at the moment, as I work my way into shape.

Rocket
03-16-2010, 15:49
Great pics Troy!

bus
03-17-2010, 06:13
rocket,
next time you should come along. I have more pics from the recent trip, but, have been slacking on putting them online

Rocket
03-17-2010, 10:57
rocket,
next time you should come along. I have more pics from the recent trip, but, have been slacking on putting them online

I am soo ready to go hiking. Got Springer fever really bad! 11 months, 28 days and I'm gone! We really need to plan a hike ahead of time, so we can make sure we're "Not Working"! Maybe some of the others (locals) who commented about the pics would be interested too.

bus
03-17-2010, 11:16
well, as you know the shuttle dictates my schedule. But, after STS 131 launch I should have a month of no weekend work...except shuttle landing...

then in June a few of us are hiking from Carvers Gap to a half-way to Dennis Cove, , then back to 19E .

I think the 3/27-28 we may hike Econ again or Ocala-overnighter...

Gray Blazer
03-17-2010, 11:55
I'm in.............

moytoy
03-18-2010, 06:08
You have inspired me with your pics. I am going to look for a camera to carry with me. My wife has our only camera that is suitable to be carried on the trail and she refuses to let me have it. I'm currently doing the west section between Salt Springs and Inverness. And again great photos.

bus
03-18-2010, 07:58
I used both my wifes and mine. Mine is much heavier..

I will post what hers is when I get home from work. It is small and light and perfect for the trail.