PDA

View Full Version : Another Snowstorm in the Works Next Week

veteran
02-27-2010, 09:52
http://sirocco.accuweather.com/iwxpage/adc/popup/iws5_430.jpg

Tinker
02-27-2010, 10:07
................yawn.....................so what's new?

I HATE "global warming" :D.
The next ICE AGE is just around the corner. ;)

Ender
02-27-2010, 11:01

Another snowstorm? Sweet! The more the merrier! Bring it on. :sun

Toolshed
02-27-2010, 11:29

LOL - that image sure doesn't "look" like a snowstorm to me.... Looks like we are about to get shafted!!!!

Tipi Walter
02-27-2010, 11:29
And god willing I hope to be out in it.

Feral Bill
02-27-2010, 13:32
................yawn.....................so what's new?

I HATE "global warming" :D.
The next ICE AGE is just around the corner. ;)

Global warming does not mean warming in any one spot ant any one time. It's a big globe. If you want to escape snow this winter come on out here. It's pathetic. No snow days at all at the school where I teach.:mad:

Last year, we were buried.:)

YoungMoose
02-27-2010, 14:07
Fine with me ill get off from school again. Lol just had 2 days in a row of being off from school from the snow.

Tipi Walter
02-27-2010, 14:26
What this warning means to me is real simple: Drive to the trailhead NOW before the roads get too blocked.

Ender
02-27-2010, 15:20
LOL - that image sure doesn't "look" like a snowstorm to me.... Looks like we are about to get shafted!!!!

he he he...

What this warning means to me is real simple: Drive to the trailhead NOW before the roads get too blocked.

I like how you think!

J-Rod
02-27-2010, 15:47
Ahhhh...great more snow lol
this will be round 4 LOL...
3 big storms in one month...it's getting old...i'm ready for the spring time and some hiking on the AT

Tinker
02-27-2010, 17:49
Verrrrry Funny!!
Just keep it up and .....................;)

trailangelbronco
02-27-2010, 18:13
Spokane was buried last year. I was stuck in that storm in Spokane, all the roads were closed, airport closed, even a week later, the roads were one lane with seven feet of snow on each side. Homeless people made a killing shoveling roofs off because so many were caving in.

Global warming does not mean warming in any one spot ant any one time. It's a big globe. If you want to escape snow this winter come on out here. It's pathetic. No snow days at all at the school where I teach.:mad:

Last year, we were buried.:)

JustaTouron
02-27-2010, 18:33
As I look at the map, everyone other than really really early starters that hike very very quick is getting rain.

Slo-go'en
02-27-2010, 21:57
As I look at the map, everyone other than really really early starters that hike very very quick is getting rain.

That rain/snow line is real close to the GA/NC border and at 4000- 5000 feet, which the trail typically traverses, it could well be snow or frozen rain up there while its rain in the valleys. Or it could be just real cold rain. Of course, that map is just a rough guess about what will happen. However, anyway you look at it, it will nasty weather to be out hiking in. Plus there is a very good chance there will be several more of these storms taking a similar path in the next few weeks.

daddytwosticks
02-28-2010, 14:32
Nothing worse than cold, wet rain.....:)

skinewmexico
02-28-2010, 14:40
Might be a good year to delay your NOBO.

GrubbyJohn
02-28-2010, 21:13
here in wv i've gone out 2 times with boone the wonder dog. had 3 in. snow both nites but it was melting during the day

fiddlehead
02-28-2010, 21:22
Huge storms across Europe (120 mph winds in the Pyrenees)
One of the biggest earthquakes in history in South America (and of course Haiti)
Record snowfalls on much of the east coast of USA

Something crazy going on.
The planet seems pissed off!

Lone Wolf
02-28-2010, 21:25

nah. just normal patterns

Gray Blazer
03-01-2010, 08:36

Maybe the man upstairs is just showing folks that possibly not everything is man-made?

Tipi Walter
03-01-2010, 08:45
Huge storms across Europe (120 mph winds in the Pyrenees)
One of the biggest earthquakes in history in South America (and of course Haiti)
Record snowfalls on much of the east coast of USA

She's doing what she always does. She moves and breathes and the plates shift like always and the temps fall or rise and the snows come. Thing is, there's more humans now than ever before getting in Miss Nature's way. 500 years ago an earthquake hit a place with thatched huts and there was nothing to collapse and few people to die, now we're everywhere under bricks and cinder blocks and call it a colossal tragedy. There's too many of us and, as always, a lot of her.