PDA

View Full Version : Slackpacking Roadwalkers Receive Praise

bredler
02-27-2010, 16:10
http://www.dailypress.com/features/family/dp-gl_cnustudents_0228feb28,0,1688189.story

"No one has done such as intense walk of this nature,"
Lies.

"...a distance of 387 miles..."
Sissys

"Gallo and Mills will travel up Route 17 and connect with other small roads to reach their destination..."
Road walking with a support vehicle? See above comment.

"They're planning to cover about 30 miles a day..."
Again, roadwalking with a support vehicle.

...all in jest. They're raising money, or at least attempting to, for a presumably good cause. Just funny how they make a huge deal out of it.

The Old Fhart
02-27-2010, 16:38
Joe Norton, associate director of education and outreach at Broadway Cares, gives the students credit for originality and dedication.

"No one has done such as intense walk of this nature," says Norton, "And they've taken the project on themselves, which is above and beyond the level of support we usually get. It's pretty remarkable."
bredler-
"No one has done such as intense walk of this nature,"
Lies.
I realize you have tongue-in-cheek for most of the comments but when they stated the above I'm pretty sure they were talking about that sub-set of people who raise money for this particular cause, not that someone somewhere hasn't done this strenuous type of walking before.;) I wish them well. I'd personally take the trail rather than dodging traffic all day!

Toolshed
02-27-2010, 19:11
Jeff Gallo? I wonder if he's related to Jerry Gallo, Oh Wait, That's Callo, Jerry Callo with a "C"..... :dance

kayak karl
02-27-2010, 19:27
reporters embellish everything. if you want to be sarcastic. go after them, not the people trying to raise money.

Nevermind
03-02-2010, 13:40
Jeff Gallo? I wonder if he's related to Jerry Gallo, Oh Wait, That's Callo, Jerry Callo with a "C"..... :dance
Oh really? Jerry Gallo is dead!

They're doing it for a great cause. More power to em. And it's a creative, original idea. I heard somewhere that people have already hiked the whole AT... can't do that one now.