PDA

View Full Version : Gorilla Tough Backpacking Gear: AKA Backpacker Gear Issue

Rocketman
03-02-2010, 20:31
I saw the cover of the Backpacker Gear Issue.

One of the cover headlines was "Toughest Gear Ever !!" or something similar.

As I walked out the door of the bookstore, an image popped into my mind from an old TV ad.... but modified to reflect the Backpacker Headline.

Samsonite Luggage had an ad I think of as "Gorrilla Tough". It had one or more gorrillas, possibly dressed as luggage handlers, tossing luggage around.

I hope to someday see a You Tube video showing one or more gorrillas dressed as backpackers throwing tents and backpacks and other stuff around. There would be giant banners in the background advertising "Gorilla Tough Backpacking Equipment", with modified logos of some mainline firms.

The camera pulls back and the gorrillas are seen to be in a cage. As the camera pulls back, untralightweight backpackers are seen strolling by, some of them with the classic pose of holding a whole filled backpack by one hand.

The idea is rough. I'm sure that some others have similar ideas or images to share.

skinewmexico
03-02-2010, 22:21
Backpacker has been doing tests where they drag packs behind a truck, and hits tents with a car wash wand. Don't know what the point is, but they do it.