PDA

View Full Version : energy drink mix

mountainman
03-02-2010, 20:56
I use Shakklee drink to keep my energy high. To carry enough mix for several days is a lot of weight. Does anyoneelse us energy mix? If so what kind?
Mountainman

butts0989
03-02-2010, 21:21
Personally i use the Propel mixers, preferably lemonade. They come in small 1 shot raps. The best part IMO is that they contain a low % of sugar (so no crash) and they are jam packed with electrolytes.

-Butts-

Blissful
03-03-2010, 00:03
Personally i use the Propel mixers, preferably lemonade. They come in small 1 shot raps. The best part IMO is that they contain a low % of sugar (so no crash) and they are jam packed with electrolytes.

-Butts-

Good to use in hot weather also to reduce cramping.

Powder River
03-04-2010, 00:15
I find that propel is the only brand of the small powder mixes that I can stand. They all have fake sugars in them, which I can't stand the taste of. Propel somehow manages to mask the taste or at least taste bearable. Every once in a while I'll splurge for those big gatorade packets, but they are pretty heavy for just drink flavor.

Sequoia
03-04-2010, 20:39
does anybody use emergen-c?

Graywolf
03-04-2010, 20:49
I find that propel is the only brand of the small powder mixes that I can stand. They all have fake sugars in them, which I can't stand the taste of. Propel somehow manages to mask the taste or at least taste bearable. Every once in a while I'll splurge for those big gatorade packets, but they are pretty heavy for just drink flavor.

I use Crystal-Lite packs..Both for hiking and biking.They contain no sugars,AND are extremely high in electto-lytes...I think they are delicious..

Another alternative is get some Cyclo-Max, which comes in powder form..very strong so a little goes a long way..I distribute this into small individual baggies. When I get water or stop for lunch, I just pour a pre-wieghed baggie into the water..Also very high in Electrolytes + vitmins and minerals your body needs..Way better than the powdered gatorade in my opinion.. Plus contains no sugars...

Graywolf

Wheeler
03-04-2010, 20:52
Emergen-C is great, and you can make a nice hot beverage out of the berry flavored ones,too

mikec
03-04-2010, 20:56
I use the Gatorade packets. You can stretch one to last two days. Makes the water taste better. Got them at a good site for travel size items called minimus.biz .

bus
03-05-2010, 14:21
Emergen-C is great, and you can make a nice hot beverage out of the berry flavored ones,too

I 2nd this

Powder River
03-06-2010, 02:48

I use those in real life even. Great way to stay healthy, and taste pretty good too

WILLIAM HAYES
03-06-2010, 17:08
check out Hammer Nutrition they have some good stuff and do a lot of research on their products

Bobbo
03-06-2010, 20:07

I love emergen-c. I use it while running and hiking. Best combination of electrolytes in my opinion and only a little bit of "sugar" in it. Gatoraide is no better then soda. i tried it once during a marathon and it made me sick- way to much "sugar". Emergen-c is much much cheaper and has more then just sodium and potasium in it.

Wise Old Owl
03-06-2010, 20:27
All good choices I think I remember posting how to make them from scratch.

Inwoods
03-07-2010, 12:02
crystal-lite plus vodka makes me a happy hiker!!!