PDA

View Full Version : very reliable shuttle service in Georgia call the Hiker Hostel

markellag
09-30-2004, 09:23
For a very reliable shuttle service in Georgia call the Hiker Hostel.
You will not hear any whining from those folks.
I have used them, they are great.

http://www.hikerhostel.com/

Flash Hand
09-30-2004, 22:59
I hope their email address is good or active.. i havent heard anything from them on the second email I sent...

Flash Hand :jump

SalParadise
10-01-2004, 17:50
The couple who own this new hostel are wonderful people and are very helpful. Both former thru-hikers if I recall. The hostel is in a beautiful new house and it's a great place to stay. They'll do airport pickups and will do slackpacks. I used them this year to shuttle up to Springer so I could skip the Approach Trail. They even remembered me when I ran into them during Trail Days.

Red Hat
12-20-2004, 12:20
Almanac and Profile picked me up at the airport, drove me to Springer the next morning, picked me up at Woody Gap when I needed a lift, greeted me at Neels Gap, picked me up at the Blueberry Patch at the end of my section, then delivered me back to the airport. They are unusually reasonably priced and worth every penny! Both are former thruhikers and I luv'em!

12-20-2004, 15:31
I hope their email address is good or active.. i havent heard anything from them on the second email I sent...

Flash Hand :jump

FLASH HAND.
Sorry for missing your email. We did have problems a few weeks back. Everything should be back up. If anyone has a problem let me know here on whiteblaze. Just send me a PM.

Cehoffpauir
12-21-2004, 02:53
Josh shuttled me to Amicalola and tendered last-minute advice before my thru-hike. The one-way shuttle early in the morning was indeed well-priced. I would stay at Hiker Hostel if I were in Dahlonega again.

minnesotasmith
12-21-2004, 05:15
Do you guys go all the way to the NC line? I'd need a ride back to Amicalola. The price would be of some interest as well.

12-21-2004, 13:23
Do you guys go all the way to the NC line? I'd need a ride back to Amicalola. The price would be of some interest as well.

We go as far North as Blue Ridge Gap (mile 72.4). The gap is about 3 miles short of the state line. The price back to the park would be $72 plus 10% for each added person. Send me an email if you want to set it up.

[email protected]

minnesotasmith
12-21-2004, 22:54
Thank you for offering this service to hikers.

Percival
12-22-2004, 00:18
If you grow a beard you'd be able to get a ride from Aintry, GA pretty easy.

saimyoji
12-22-2004, 01:50
Let's not get MS started on the subject of beards...who knows what part of the anatomy he'll compare them to next! lol

leg pulling MS

minnesotasmith
12-22-2004, 02:14
I won't drag in anything on beards on this thread. Besides, I think I made the penultimate observation about beards on that deleted post; NWIH anyone could top THAT comment about beards with one more memorable! :D

Percival
12-22-2004, 04:18
Let's not get MS started on the subject of beards...who knows what part of the anatomy he'll compare them to next! lol
Such as a part of the anatomy both sexes have, that the fellas from San Francisco might mistake MS's bearded face for? :D