PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried to access TJ.com today?

Rocket
03-03-2010, 12:20
Seems it has been hacked by terrorists :eek:

Manwich
03-03-2010, 12:20
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showpost.php?p=980745&postcount=43

Rocket
03-03-2010, 12:22
Thanks...obviously so.

sherrill
03-03-2010, 12:24
If you're interested, here is what comes up:

hellomolly
03-03-2010, 12:25
this is not cool. what the heck...

DAKS
03-03-2010, 12:26
IIRC, it looks like the same crew that hit both TJ and WB a few years ago?

eric j
03-03-2010, 12:26
Noticed that, got off asap, dont need anymore pc issues

Rocket
03-03-2010, 12:27
could be a jihad against hikers???

JustaTouron
03-03-2010, 12:27
I bet they are being real successful at convincing hikers and their families to be sympathetic to the Palestinian cause. :rolleyes:

Mags
03-03-2010, 12:38
They must really hate the idea of TJ hosting journals about Israel National Trail. (http://www.israelnationaltrail.com/) :)

Lyle
03-03-2010, 12:42
WOW, worked earlier today.

Gray Blazer
03-03-2010, 12:46

Don't you have some friends in high places?

mweinstone
03-03-2010, 12:46
sorry, i ment to hack gail kernals, my theropists site.my bad.

JustaTouron
03-03-2010, 12:47
They must really hate the idea of TJ hosting journals about Israel National Trail. (http://www.israelnationaltrail.com/) :)

That looks like an awesome trail.

Rocket
03-03-2010, 12:48
Don't you have some friends in high places?

Hey Gray....Nope they cut our budget!

Red Hat
03-03-2010, 12:57
The Israeli National Trail is on my bucket list! I love the country and the people.

Panzer1
03-03-2010, 13:06
I don't know why terrorists would hack a hiking web site. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they were just teenagers posing as terrorists.

Panzer

mweinstone
03-03-2010, 13:06
eminations security is the science of disallowing terorists to acsess electronic information. one tool they have is to watch a site after its ben hacked to find the intruder returning to the scean of the crime. in performing its task, the software developed aquires each hit on the hacked site and spins a profile concerned with narrowing the feild of suspects. so each of us who checks in and reads the hijackers note have a profile generated.the attacks come in waves and this same message may be moveing around to eventualy hit a secure system such as nationwide ice cream production or simularly , tv commercials.

postholer.com
03-03-2010, 13:10
Too bad. Everyone despises hackers and terrorists.

I took a peek at the code they posted on TJ's. Nothing malicious as far as your client browser is concerned.

-postholer

Reid
03-03-2010, 13:13
I don't know why terrorists would hack a hiking web site. It doesn't make sense. Maybe they were just teenagers posing as terrorists.

Panzer

What you think they got a big whiff of the hiking community when those American hikers strayed into Iran? Don't know.

Panzer1
03-03-2010, 13:15
When they hacked into trailjournals they may have changed the administrators password so the administrator cannot get in to fix the problem. Just guessing.

Panzer

mweinstone
03-03-2010, 13:15
as a child i was facinated with the idea that machines could be manipulated against their will. i knew at a young age hacking was to be a passion of mine but respected boundrys and so never did any on any open computers linked to the web. i belived that machines would go crazy and that those of us who new back doors into their brains and limbs would be the hope of sucsess in future machine wars . so i froze computers and heated them and hit them and let their batteries drain in ways to cause them to hack up stuff. sometimes waterboarding them into submission . what i found is that a system powerful enough to resist its creators will to destroy it, is evil. and that baltimore jack tarlins old tattered whiskey stained pencils and papers have a power to hold life saveing information at a rate more constant, and with more accesibility without unwanted acessers, than even the most advansed wepons modeling computors.

postholer.com
03-03-2010, 13:17

It wasn't targeted towards hikers.

Simply a target of opportunity, not planned. TJ's was hackable, so they took advantage of it to spew their diatribe.

-postholer

Buzz_Lightfoot
03-03-2010, 13:52
Fixed now. Just got in to normal TJ.

Panzer1
03-03-2010, 13:59
I just tried it and its been fixed.

Panzer

Panzer1
03-03-2010, 14:07
if you Google "EL_MUHAMMED" you will see that he also hacked other sites as well. This seems like it was part of a larger attack. Not just Trailjournals.com. I'm guessing that these sites did not use the latest security patches.

Panzer

Alligator
03-03-2010, 14:13
Hey folks no politics. Thanks.

Rowdy Yates
03-03-2010, 14:13

:-? Just visited it and it is back online, at least for now.

Mags
03-03-2010, 19:18
That looks like an awesome trail.

Being a history buff, this trail really appears to me. Plus, one of my closest friends is an Israeli and he said he'd make sure his family and friends put me up a night or two. Besides the trail, I'd love to see Masada.

JustaTouron
03-03-2010, 19:42
Being a history buff, this trail really appears to me. Plus, one of my closest friends is an Israeli and he said he'd make sure his family and friends put me up a night or two. Besides the trail, I'd love to see Masada.

It is cool. Didn't get to climb it though (took the lift), the trail was closed due to construction of a new lift up the mountain.

As for history....A couple of years before going to Israel I went to Washington DC and saw the constitution, declaration of independence I was wowed by seeing a document 200 years old. Then over there I got to see the dead sea scrolls -- 2000 years old. So besides the trail you will definitely want to see the old city (jerusalem). Which based on the map is not far from the trail and worth at mim 3 or 4 zeros.

The other really cool thing you must do is float in the dead sea (not on the trail) but not far from Masada.

Mags
03-04-2010, 15:31
Well, I already decided when (if?) I did the INT, it is going to have be an about six week trip. ~4 wks to hike, about 2 wks to play tourist. Too much to see! I already told my friend I'd make sure to NOT grow my beard as I normally do. ;) (Thick eyebrows, light olive complexion that gets very dark, very thick black beard....:-?)

re: Old documents

Had a similar experience when I went to Italy a few years back. Cool to be in the Roman forum ruins and think this was the seat of power for the Mediterranean and a good chunk of Europe for a looong time.

I went into the Apennines and visited the ancestral village. I am not as versed in historic building types, but it seemed many of the buildings dated 500+ yrs ago. Cool to walk the same streets as many generations of my family did in the past.

JustaTouron
03-04-2010, 15:43
I already told my friend I'd make sure to NOT grow my beard as I normally do. ;) (Thick eyebrows, light olive complexion that gets very dark, very thick black beard....:-?)

Just wear a large black felt hat with a wide brim and mutter to yourself and you will fit in with your beard.

Mags
03-04-2010, 17:41
Just wear a large black felt hat with a wide brim and mutter to yourself and you will fit in with your beard.

My other close friends from Brooklyn call it the Jewish version of the Amish. :)

I do wear a large green boonie hat...not quite the same. ;)

(I've been to more Jewish holidays in the past few years than Catholic ones due to my friends. Lots of yummy food either way!!! :D)