PDA

View Full Version : insulated air core big agnes moisture question

jrnj5k
03-03-2010, 19:55
Ive been getting some moisture accumulating between the air tubes on my pad. seems a little saturated. Anybody else have this problem? should I dwr it?

Ender
03-03-2010, 20:31
Do you mean on the inside of the tubes, or on the outside?

jrnj5k
03-03-2010, 20:53
on the exterior of the pad along the point at which the channels meet...

achangeincourse
03-03-2010, 21:25
idk about that but i just bought one and haven't had a chance to try it out yet how are they on the trail??

grayfox
03-03-2010, 21:33
I think that this is condensation. My zrest and ridgerest do this in winter. I just shake the frost off and am glad this moisture is not in my sleeping bag. This is one problem of using an air mattress in cold weather. I would not want to treat the fabric because it might not be good for longevity. You might try letting some air out so that the air inside stays warmer from body heat and not so apt to condense moisture. You could also use a thin foam pad over or under where the wetest part is. This is not a big problem except that you do not want that water to get back into your bag insulation.

toenail
03-03-2010, 21:36
You might want to contact Big Agnes customer service. I haven't had any moisture problems with mine. I had some air leaks around the outside seam. E-mailed Big Agnes, within 6 hrs I got a message back. They had me send my 3 year old mattress back to the factory. They replaced the mattress with the same model, made with updated (improved) material. You can't beat there lifetime warranty. I know this dosen't solve your moisture problem, I thought you might like to know that they stand behind the stuff they make.

Roland
03-03-2010, 22:09
Grayfox gets it.

Tinker
03-03-2010, 22:53
Grayfox gets it.
Totally!
Just wipe your pad with a bandanna before putting it away.
No worries.:)