PDA

View Full Version : Parking in Kent, CT?

Blackbird
03-04-2010, 13:46
Hello all.
A couple of us will be sectioning northbound into Kent next month and I'm wondering if there's a place we can park a car and leave it there for the week while we walk up from New York. We've already got a ride down to our start point. Anyone have any info on what they would consider safe parking in Kent? [We'd be happy to throw in a few bucks in exchange for a good place to put the car.]

Thanks!

Manwich
03-04-2010, 14:23
Just off CT4 there's an AT Lot. My Car has sat there for 4 days untouched... but thats a day north of Kent.

One can park overnight at the Bulls Bridge Area but it sees a ton of traffic through it and IIRC there has been vandalism there within the past few years.

CT341 is no good for a week long. Nor Skiff Mountian Road.

River Road is okay to park on for a while at the end of the drive.

Pretty much any residential street in the city of Kent is hunky dory.

Also Hoyt Road Lot is fine.

sasquatch2014
03-04-2010, 21:41
Do not park at Hoyt Rd. Had a car broken into there with stuff stolen and that was with it there under 1 hr. The lot right on NY 55 would be better.

How many of you will there be and how far down in NY? I might be able to provide a shuttle if you need. Drop me a pm if you want.

Blackbird
03-05-2010, 11:51
PM sent, sir.

Manwich
03-05-2010, 11:59
Considering that's Sasquatchs CURRENT territory and my former, I'd listen to him :-P

Longest my car sat at Hoyt was 2 nights.