PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Rockfish Gap

Bumpa
03-04-2010, 13:48
I'm planning on doing SNP. in mid may. Anyone know of any problems with leaving a car at the visitors center at Rockfish for 3 or 4 days.

I will be shuttling up to Swift Run gap and hiking back to Rockfish. The car will be left with a shuttler in Front Royal when I do the northern part of the park.

Blissful
03-04-2010, 13:54
I parked my car right off the drive (before you enter SNP) in the pull off there past the bridge for a few days. No problems

10-K
03-04-2010, 14:12
Even better, park at the Afton Inn... You don't have to stay there to park in their lot - just go inside and they'll take down your vehicle info and post it on their bulletin board.

Rick Hancock
03-04-2010, 15:04
I park right in front of the old Howard Johnson's all the time, never had a problem. There is a lot of traffic there overnight along Rt. 250 and in the parking lot itself, but never a concern. You might want to try leaving your vehicle at Rockfish Gap Outfitter's heading into Waynesboro. Also, I've used the first overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway for several days.I'd leave word at the Humpback Rocks Visitor Center if using that option. Things can always happen but I have left my truck at both sites for the past 15 years with no problems.

Bumpa
03-05-2010, 18:27
Thanks for the advice...I feel a little better about it now

rasudduth
03-05-2010, 20:29
I left a very nice rental car at the hiker's parking lot right before the entrance to SNP at Rockfish in October (peak leaf season) and was fine when I returned to it.