PDA

View Full Version : Just read

Loneoak
03-05-2010, 07:00
Just finished up the book: Walking the Applalachian Trail, by Larry Luxenberg and thought it well written.
What would u consider is well written as well and a joy to read about the A T

thanks

Egads
03-05-2010, 07:09
I've followed a few trail journals. That is all

StarLyte
03-05-2010, 07:18
Gene Espy, an interesting man, many stories to tell, non-hiking ones as well.

His book: The Trail of My Life (http://www.geneespyhiker.com/)

4shot
03-05-2010, 09:21
The Bill Bryson book is entertaining (A Walk in the Woods). I also recommend "On the Beaten Path" by Robert Rudin.Both are similar in that neither of the two guys had any experience prior to starting their hikes.

Lone Wolf
03-05-2010, 09:23
i haven't written mine yet but it will be an instant best seller

Roche
03-05-2010, 09:58
Awol on the AT; Iron Toothpick; Walkin' on the Happy Side of Misery; White Blaze Fever; The Wilderness of Awes

sidebackside
03-05-2010, 10:33
AWOL on the Appalachian Trail is definitely a great read. A family member of mine bought a signed copy of it for me that had some contact informatioin for David in it. After finishing the book, I thought I would call the number and leave a message on some sort of answering machine letting him/whoever know how much I enjoyed the book. To my great suprise...he actually answered the phone! We only spoke for about 5min, but it was awesome. Good book.

rhjanes
03-05-2010, 10:46
I've been re-reading On the Beaten Path. It is also excellent. He deals with family / separation issues and such.

hellomolly
03-05-2010, 10:52
I enjoyed 'Southbound' by the Barefoot Sisters, Lucy and Susan Letcher. It was pretty good. Not great, IMO, but definitely entertaining and informative.

Ender
03-05-2010, 10:57
I did really enjoy "Walking With Spring" (Schaffer), and "A Walk in the Woods" is fun too. Have heard that "Walking on the Happy Side of Misery" is fantastic, as well as "AWOL on the AT".

XCskiNYC
03-06-2010, 00:20
I enjoyed 'Southbound' by the Barefoot Sisters, Lucy and Susan Letcher. It was pretty good. Not great, IMO, but definitely entertaining and informative.

I read the tease section on Amazon. That was decent. It's a pretty cool idea.