PDA

View Full Version : Setting a shuttle rumor straight

ed bell
03-06-2010, 14:33
Original poster requested the thread be removed. Feel free to continue to discuss the issue if you like. In the future it would be better to avoid assuming the reasons that moderation actions are taken without knowing all the facts. The person in question actually asked that the thread not be deleted, but it was already moved.

Cool AT Breeze
03-06-2010, 14:38
Thanks Ed.

DawnTreader
03-06-2010, 14:51
I am so confused

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 14:57
This thread seems to be lacking some real substance.....

And I think the substance is very important.

As best as I can make out from what I have read. Cool AT Breeze was pulled over while possessing some illegal drugs which caused concern for the person he was shuttling. Causing concern regarding his own safety from the prespective of sobritety of the driver, his own ability to be transported to the trail and his own gear being searched or seized. There is post describing the sitution from the hikers perspective on another board. I do not have the link.

In general what one does on their own time is very much their own business. And if all CAB did was sell gear, I think there would be no reason to discuss any of this.

But, I feel that anyone who is considering using C.A.B.'s service as a cab ought know about the situtation and then can decide for himself/herself if they would perfer to use a different shuttle/mode of transporation.

generoll
03-06-2010, 15:27
"Love people and use things; never the reverse."

I can feel the love.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 15:35
"Love people and use things; never the reverse."

I can feel the love.

Good, I am glad that you can understand that my post is about my concern and love for hikers and not wanting them to be in an uncomfortable or dangerous position of being driven by someone who may not be a safe mode of transportation.

Some people might misperceive this as something personal against CAB. It most clear is not. It is love of those who could be potentially harmed by his actions.

I wish him the best. I understand he is very good doing gear shakedowns for hikers. I would not hesitate to seek his advice and counsel in that area.

But those hikers who might be considering using him as transportation should know of this incident. If they choose to use him anyway that is their choice.

envirodiver
03-06-2010, 15:46
Good, I am glad that you can understand that my post is about my concern and love for hikers and not wanting them to be in an uncomfortable or dangerous position of being driven by someone who may not be a safe mode of transportation.

Some people might misperceive this as something personal against CAB. It most clear is not. It is love of those who could be potentially harmed by his actions.

I wish him the best. I understand he is very good doing gear shakedowns for hikers. I would not hesitate to seek his advice and counsel in that area.

But those hikers who might be considering using him as transportation should know of this incident. If they choose to use him anyway that is their choice.

So are you making the assumption that he was under the influence at the time? If he was not, then he was guilty of nothing more than bad judgement. If you have proof of his being under the influence please fill us in.

If he was not under the influence then perhaps your grand love of all hikers and concern for their well being is misplaced.

Cool Breeze is a good man and I would not hesitate to use his services. At no time would I believe that he would put the safety of the people that he is shuttling at risk.

Cool AT Breeze
03-06-2010, 15:52
Thanks ED. I was not under the influence of anything at the time. Even the cop said he didn't think so. Touron needs to get a real life.

Maddog
03-06-2010, 15:58
So are you making the assumption that he was under the influence at the time? If he was not, then he was guilty of nothing more than bad judgement. If you have proof of his being under the influence please fill us in.

If he was not under the influence then perhaps your grand love of all hikers and concern for their well being is misplaced.

Cool Breeze is a good man and I would not hesitate to use his services. At no time would I believe that he would put the safety of the people that he is shuttling at risk.

any drugs in your system...by law...is considered 'under the influence'! whether the usage took place an hour ago or 30 days ago it don't matter! maddog:D

envirodiver
03-06-2010, 16:00
Thanks ED. I was not under the influence of anything at the time. Even the cop said he didn't think so. Touron needs to get a real life.

Well Cool Breeze, I do know you and know what kind of person that you are and it chaps me that people have nothing better to do than get on here and try to smear someone's name.

Yeah Touron professes his care of hikers as the justification for running this up and down the site, but it seems that he really is interested in smearing you. Seems to me that he has a personal agenda with you.

envirodiver
03-06-2010, 16:01
any drugs in your system...by law...is considered 'under the influence'! whether the usage took place an hour ago or 30 days ago it don't matter! maddog:D

So was there drugs in his system? If not or you don't know if there was then you are doing nothing but spreading rumor and innuendo. If there had been do you think he would have been charged? Which he wasn't.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 16:03

I don't if he was under the influence or not. The hiker said he had a concern he might have been. Even if not under the influence, he placed the hiker at risk of being involved in a lengthy problem had the cop chosen to arrest CAB.

You are free to use his services and to vouch for him. That may sway some to use his services despite his poor judgement. Readers of WB knowing both of the incident along with the vouching of many may very well choose to use his services.

But potential riders should know about what happened and then make an individual choice based both on what happened and others recommendations.

Maddog
03-06-2010, 16:08
So was there drugs in his system? If not or you don't know if there was then you are doing nothing but spreading rumor and innuendo. If there had been do you think he would have been charged? Which he wasn't.

why possess drugs and not use them? seriously? i guess he was just holding them for a friend! maddog:rolleyes::D

Cuffs
03-06-2010, 16:11
Cool Breeze,

Id sign up for a shuttle from you anytime!

Lion King
03-06-2010, 16:15
This makes me want a ride more.

TD55
03-06-2010, 16:17
I wish I had a snappy response to Justa Touron and/or droptobenze. Everything I think of drops me down to a level I don't want to go to and would probably be deleted. Guess I will have to stick to "I would shuttle with Cool AT Breeze anytime without hesitation."

generoll
03-06-2010, 16:19
Touron reminds me of those sanctimonious people you see driving around with those "Honk if you Love Jesus" bumper stickers. I tried that once at a traffic light and got a most unChristlike finger gesture in response.

envirodiver
03-06-2010, 16:27
I don't if he was under the influence or not. The hiker said he had a concern he might have been. Even if not under the influence, he placed the hiker at risk of being involved in a lengthy problem had the cop chosen to arrest CAB.

You are free to use his services and to vouch for him. That may sway some to use his services despite his poor judgement. Readers of WB knowing both of the incident along with the vouching of many may very well choose to use his services.

But potential riders should know about what happened and then make an individual choice based both on what happened and others recommendations.
\
Reporting it and making the statement that people should use others as you did here "Personally, I would use someone other than Cool AT Breeze given his recent run in with the law and his possession of illegal drugs while transporting a hiker on a recent shuttle run" are not the same thing.

What makes you think that you should make that statement?

TD55
03-06-2010, 16:31
This makes me want a ride more.

Darn it! Thats the kind of snappy response I was looking for.:sun

WILLIAM HAYES
03-06-2010, 16:32
so whats the problem with a little weed

Cool AT Breeze
03-06-2010, 16:33
You guys rock. Thanks for your support. The net is awesome and it sucks at the same time.

white_russian
03-06-2010, 16:39
so whats the problem with a little weed
Nothing if it doesn't have anything to do with the people you do business with.

mweinstone
03-06-2010, 16:59
marawanna has killed all of my family and friends and most of the folks i ever new. they all died of pot poisoning. i recomend death for users.kidding.

TD55
03-06-2010, 17:31
marawanna has killed all of my family and friends and most of the folks i ever new. they all died of pot poisoning. i recomend death for users.kidding.

It ain't about weed. It's about rumor mongering, bearing false witness and disrespecting our Constitution and Bill of Rights that says people are innocent until proven guilty. :mad:

ed bell
03-06-2010, 17:58
C'mon folks, lets stay on topic. This has nothing to do with how one interprets or feels about drug laws.

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 18:11
I like eggs.

Cuffs
03-06-2010, 18:14
I like eggs.

with BACON!!

Lugnut
03-06-2010, 18:18
I'd go anywhere with CB, and I'll even let him drive! :)

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 18:19
i'd go anywhere with cb, and i'll even let him drive! :)

tmi.........

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 18:20
with BACON!!

Darn Skippy!

Slo-go'en
03-06-2010, 18:24
I'd much rather get a ride with someone who just smoked a dube than someone who just drank a beer or two or three...

The real question is what caused ATCB to be pulled over in the first place and what gave the officer just cause to look any deeper?

TD55
03-06-2010, 18:31
I'd much rather get a ride with someone who just smoked a dube than someone who just drank a beer or two or three...

The real question is what caused ATCB to be pulled over in the first place and what gave the officer just cause to look any deeper?

Eating a egg and bacon samich made with twinkies may arouse suspicion.

Tin Man
03-06-2010, 18:31
C.A.B. is cool. I'd ride with him.

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 18:33
C'mon folks, lets stay on topic. This has nothing to do with how one interprets or feels about drug laws.
Then what is it about?

Cool AT Breeze
03-06-2010, 18:34
Then what is it about?
I'm not quite sure myself anymore.

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 18:36
whether or not it's safe to shuttle with Cool Breeze? Of course it is. If thread stops anybody from hiring him it is their choice but it would probably be people he would not care to shuttle anyway.

Slo-go'en
03-06-2010, 18:39
Eating a egg and bacon samich made with twinkies may arouse suspicion.

That might well be just cause:-?

Ender
03-06-2010, 18:40
Then what is it about?

It's about putting the facts, and only the facts, out there so people can make up their own minds.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 18:44
It's about putting the facts, and only the facts, out there so people can make up their own minds.

Would be nice if we could have the link back of the orginal hikers comment on the other board.

I recounted what I could recall from memory.

TD55
03-06-2010, 18:45

...or, how to make yourself look like a jerk.

Grimelowe
03-06-2010, 18:50
Touron reminds me of those sanctimonious people you see driving around with those "Honk if you Love Jesus" bumper stickers. I tried that once at a traffic light and got a most unChristlike finger gesture in response.

Antsy McClain has a song to that effect: I was just flipped-off by a silver-haired old lady with a 'honk if you love Jesus' sticker on the bumper of her car.

Great song... to listen to.

nitewalker
03-06-2010, 18:51
i would rather ride with someone under the influence of weed than ride with some .07 drunk who is still legal to drive but is much more of a threat than the pot smoker.. thats just me sayin....i hitched many a ride and noticed alchol on many different drivers but never have i been picked up by someone and smelled errb...so i would have no problem riding with CATB.......PEACE

GeneralLee10
03-06-2010, 19:00
The person that started all this mess. I'm sure that they have put a person at risk while driving. Why do they feel the need to ruin a person through the net.

I have gotten a few rides from CB, none of them have I ever felt in fear or at danger. I will most likely call him for my ride to Springer this year. He is a very nice person and has alot of good info to offer.

SouthMark
03-06-2010, 19:00
I would not hesitate to ride with Cool Breeze. BTW CB I located my grandson. He passed thru Neel yesterday. Thanks for your help.

Roland
03-06-2010, 19:07
I will not ride with Cool Breeze.

When I called for a shuttle to the grocery store, he said he doesn't travel to Gorham. :D

Belew
03-06-2010, 19:30
Cool Breeze is a good man. He ranks in the top 5 of all the folks I've known in my 36 years. That ain't easy to do.
This was a small mistake and soon will pass. Take care Cool Breeze.:)

TD55
03-06-2010, 19:56
[QUOTE=JustaTouron;983062]Would be nice if we could have the link back of the orginal hikers comment on the other board.

QUOTE]

No it wouldn't. It wouldn't be nice at all. Can't believe after all these post you still don't get it. It's not OK to spread rumors that may harm a persons reputation, and especially when your rumors can harm a persons way of earning money and to operate a business. It's a lowlife thing to do. It's wrong. It sucks. It's cowardly. It's immature. If you did it in person instead of on the internet you would probably get a black eye or bloody nose. Do ya get it yet? Do ya need more 'spalainin?

Tin Man
03-06-2010, 19:59
No it wouldn't. It wouldn't be nice at all. Can't believe after all these post you still don't get it. It's not OK to spread rumors that may harm a persons reputation, and especially when your rumors can harm a persons way of earning money and to operate a business. It's a lowlife thing to do. It's wrong. It sucks. It's cowardly. It's immature. If you did it in person instead of on the internet you would probably get a black eye or bloody nose. Do ya get it yet? Do ya need more 'spalainin?

...or sued...

BobTheBuilder
03-06-2010, 20:05
I am amazed at the response by people attacking the messenger here. It seems very out of character for WB.

Giving a buddy a ride to the trail is one thing. Charging money for a shuttle is another. It is not at all a question of being under the influence - that is a whole other issue. The issue is that this person (who I never met but sounds like a decent guy) was performing paid shuttle services and put his fare at risk of being charged with possesion. Maybe you think that's a stretch, but what if the cop was a jerk and the shuttle driver panicked and claimed it belonged to the hiker? There is no excuse for that. The hiker obviously wasn't happy to be put in that position.

I don't accept that this was an accident. Back in the day, I always knew where all my "stuff" was. It is not like I was so rich and had so much "stuff" that I could have left something laying about my car and not remember.

No way, no how. Not cool. I would definitely want to know about the incident. The public flogging of JAT is sad.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 20:12

I am not spreading rumors.

In the deleted thread, CAB basically admits to every factual thing I have posted.

The only thing that is indispute: Is if CAB's shuttleing a hiker while in possesession of illict drugs is something serious enough for the hiker community to avoid using his shuttle service.

Belew
03-06-2010, 20:12
[QUOTE=JustaTouron;983062]Would be nice if we could have the link back of the orginal hikers comment on the other board.

QUOTE]

TD55, You don't suck

TD55
03-06-2010, 20:17
Here is some news for the uninformed. A shuttle is not a private car. All kinds of things are found in shuttles, taxi cabs and other public carrier vehicles. Whether left purposely or by accident, the driver is rarely held responsible. If a driver finds something in the vehicle, it is his or her responsibility to secure the item and turn it in to the proper authority. More often than not, if the item found by a driver is drugs, it gets tossed and that's the end of it. If it's a weapon, especially a gun, it needs to be turned in.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 20:18
Here is some news for the uninformed. A shuttle is not a private car. All kinds of things are found in shuttles, taxi cabs and other public carrier vehicles. Whether left purposely or by accident, the driver is rarely held responsible. If a driver finds something in the vehicle, it is his or her responsibility to secure the item and turn it in to the proper authority. More often than not, if the item found by a driver is drugs, it gets tossed and that's the end of it. If it's a weapon, especially a gun, it needs to be turned in.

CAB has admitted it was his stuff, not something left by a prior rider.

Tin Man
03-06-2010, 20:20
I am amazed at the response by people attacking the messenger here. It seems very out of character for WB.

Giving a buddy a ride to the trail is one thing. Charging money for a shuttle is another. It is not at all a question of being under the influence - that is a whole other issue. The issue is that this person (who I never met but sounds like a decent guy) was performing paid shuttle services and put his fare at risk of being charged with possesion. Maybe you think that's a stretch, but what if the cop was a jerk and the shuttle driver panicked and claimed it belonged to the hiker? There is no excuse for that. The hiker obviously wasn't happy to be put in that position.

I don't accept that this was an accident. Back in the day, I always knew where all my "stuff" was. It is not like I was so rich and had so much "stuff" that I could have left something laying about my car and not remember.

No way, no how. Not cool. I would definitely want to know about the incident. The public flogging of JAT is sad.

buncha floggin' going around. it is all bs and hearsay unless you were there. even so, laws protect different parties and reality is often different than pictures that people paint on a forum. time to move on.

TD55
03-06-2010, 20:26
CAB has admitted it was his stuff, not something left by a prior rider.

Hopeless and clueless.

GeneralLee10
03-06-2010, 20:36
JT.... serious do really think it is needed... I mean come on ask yourself.:-? I am sure your not the perfect community citizen yourself.

This is a manner that should have been dealt with somewhere else not on this site.

Chaco Taco
03-06-2010, 20:43
For some of you, when you take that swig of moonshine, remember you are breaking the law too. Just sayin

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 20:57
JT.... serious do really think it is needed... I mean come on ask yourself.:-? I am sure your not the perfect community citizen yourself.

This is a manner that should have been dealt with somewhere else not on this site.

Then what is the purpose of this site?

We review gear. We review shelters. We review more gear. We discuss safety on the trail. We discuss even more gear. We discuss hostel and hotels and which on is the best. We discuss gear. We discuss shuttles.

This is or ought be a discussion about the safety of using one particular shuttle drive who was transporting illict drugs while transporting a hiker.

This particular shuttle drives conduct while driving an AT hiker is very much a topic that ought be discussed on this board. Just the same as people have discussed good and bad motels.

Chaco Taco
03-06-2010, 20:59
I am not spreading rumors.

In the deleted thread, CAB basically admits to every factual thing I have posted.

The only thing that is indispute: Is if CAB's shuttleing a hiker while in possesession of illict drugs is something serious enough for the hiker community to avoid using his shuttle service.

Dude get a life. Weed is alllllllll over the trail on and off. He wasnt high, FACT. It was a misunderstanding, time to drop it and quit focusing your energy on it. Let it go dude

Dances with Mice
03-06-2010, 21:01
So, the hikers being shuttled at the time, the ones that posted on the other site...

After the incident did they get out of the car and start walking or call for another ride?

Or did they continue to their destination with Mr. Breeze behind the wheel?

The answer to that question would tell us how they really felt about his service.

What the esteemed Mr Touron thinks is quite irrelevant.

cowpoke
03-06-2010, 21:02
I'm tired....we pay our quarter...we take our chances..."Let he (or she) who is without sin....cast the first stone"......in this case....the free market system will work itself out....nuff said....cheers.

Chaco Taco
03-06-2010, 21:13
"Let he (or she) who is without sin....cast the first stone".......

Or THINKS they are without "Sin"

jody
03-06-2010, 21:30
Consider for a moment if it were you getting the shuttle and you did not know the driver and he is pulled over and found to have some pot and the cop takes BOTH of you in? Would that skew your opinion a bit?

Chaco Taco
03-06-2010, 21:51
Consider for a moment if it were you getting the shuttle and you did not know the driver and he is pulled over and found to have some pot and the cop takes BOTH of you in? Would that skew your opinion a bit?
How in the hell could he take both of you in???

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 21:57
How in the hell could he take both of you in???

Pot is in the car. You are both in the car. You can both be arrested. Conviction might be a bit harder. But often every person in the car will be arrested if their is drugs in it.

Panzer1
03-06-2010, 21:59
I'd ride with him if I were every lucky enough to be hiking down that way.

Panzer

sasquatch2014
03-06-2010, 22:13
Pot is in the car. You are both in the car. You can both be arrested. Conviction might be a bit harder. But often every person in the car will be arrested if their is drugs in it.

I'd say F it at least it will be a good story unless you are in the car with me and we are both stuck in the same cell and I will have to put up with your sanctimonious crap for the whole night. If that was the case then I might just get pissed.

Breeze when I get down there it will be an honor to get a lift from you.

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 22:15
I feel bad about all these sanctimonious people having to walk so far into towns. Face it If they would not accept a ride from someone known to be a great guy who has probably shuttled hundreds of hikers safely to their destinations with never an accident, they certainly would not accept a ride from a total stranger. I guess hitches to town are out for them.

Dances with Mice
03-06-2010, 22:19
Pot is in the car. You are both in the car. You can both be arrested. Conviction might be a bit harder. But often every person in the car will be arrested if their is drugs in it.Maybe. If the dope is filling the trunk and a couple hundred more pounds is tied on the roof or being pulled in a trailer.

But hauling in all passengers for one person's possession? You can't be serious. You're joking. You've been watching cop shows on TV too much. Right?

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 22:20
Um......no.......you know not of what you speak. Fortunately there are many fine officers out there that still have the ability to use common sense.

sasquatch2014
03-06-2010, 22:22
Wow two people in 2 seconds who both used the word sanctimonious. if you hear it once it might not be so but twice in 2 seconds wow I guess that is really the way you come across.

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 22:24
I was gonna go with holier than thou but figured I'd save it for a religious topic.

JustaTouron
03-06-2010, 22:24
You're joking. You've been watching cop shows on TV too much. Right?

No, six month internship in the public defenders office.

Hiker could have easily spent a night in jail.

l0ngterm
03-06-2010, 22:25
Cool Breeze,

I have in the past and will in the future (this week) use you as a shuttle driver. Proudly. Nuff said.

I'll also donate to any Cool Breeze legal defense fund :-)

l0ngterm

Rockhound
03-06-2010, 22:28

Oh OK now I get it. It's like a 1st year med student that starts diagnosing all his friends and family with various ailments and conditions. Kid spends 1/2 a year on an internship and now were talking to F Lee Frickin' Bailey. We are so honored.

sasquatch2014
03-06-2010, 22:29

Sweet Free hostel.

To refer to the you may be hiker trash if thread.

If you consider a night in jail the same thing as a free stay at a hostel then you might be hiker trash.

Dances with Mice
03-06-2010, 22:34
No, six month internship in the public defenders office. Bless your heart.

TD55
03-06-2010, 22:55
Do people really believe that if they get in a taxi or shuttle and the driver is holding drugs, they, the passanger will get arrested? Or. vice versa, a driver of a shuttle or taxi picks up a customer and they, the customer is holding, the driver gets arrested? People believe this nonsense?

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 22:59
I sanctimoniously like eggs.

TD55
03-06-2010, 23:00
I like eggs.

Best post in this thread!!! IMO

Bulldawg
03-06-2010, 23:01
I have used Cool Breeze's services many, many times. I have recommended him more times than I can count. I haven't traveled up the whole length of the trail, but I will say that Breeze is the nicest, most affordable shuttler I've encountered. He also has lots of info about up to date info on the trail. And on top of all that he knows his gear. All around good guy who made an honest mistake that he owned up to. Time to move on, get over it, and let the thing die. I'll be using Cool Breeze the next time I need a shuttle in Georgia for sure.

TD55
03-06-2010, 23:01

My bad. this one is the bestis.

Bulldawg
03-06-2010, 23:04

I don't carry out my egg shells!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Big Dawg
03-06-2010, 23:06
I'd shuttle w/ you anytime Cool AT Breeze.

Mother Nature
03-06-2010, 23:06

I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

I would ride with Breeze any time. After talking with him today, I believe that he regrets the slip in judgement and sure won't put anyone in that position again.

elmotoots
03-06-2010, 23:07
I hike with my family and always ask the shuttler if they drink or do drugs.

They have always answered no, If I smell drink, or grass I would not ride with them.

I have never had a problem.

I am glad this was reported on this site and I thank the person who did it.

I am not against drink or drug but I don't want it used just before or during the time I am using a service.

However since the accused has stepped forward and took it head on like a man. I belive that if I asked him the same questions he would give me the information I needed to make the decision, about using him as a shuttler or not. So if I am ever in the area I would not hesitate to call on him.

If he had not stepped forward, and I had found out who it was another way. I am sure I would not use him.

Elmo

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 23:09
I don't carry out my egg shells!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Me neither.

I fill them with poo and fling them in the bushes.

Helps with decomposition.

Kinda like easter eggs without the candy filling.

fiddlehead
03-06-2010, 23:10
5 pages of banter about something that will be legalized within a few years anyway.

What are you people afraid of?

Lone Wolf
03-06-2010, 23:11
I would ride with Breeze any time. After talking with him today, I believe that he regrets the slip in judgement and sure won't put anyone in that position again.

and i regret startin' this **** in the first place. my days at hobo and here are comin' to an end

TD55
03-06-2010, 23:13
I'm afraid of finding a poo filled easter egg.

sasquatch2014
03-06-2010, 23:16
and i regret startin' this **** in the first place. my days at hobo and here are comin' to an end

Come on Wolf live life with no regrets!

Mother Nature
03-06-2010, 23:19
I think this sums up my feelings as well. I think the serious nature of the subject needed to be discussed; the fact that CB stepped up and took his poison in public was a positive for me.

I am glad this was reported on this site and I thank the person who did it.

I am not against drink or drug but I don't want it used just before or during the time I am using a service.

However since the accused has stepped forward and took it head on like a man. I belive that if I asked him the same questions he would give me the information I needed to make the decision, about using him as a shuttler or not. So if I am ever in the area I would not hesitate to call on him.

If he had not stepped forward, and I had found out who it was another way. I am sure I would not use him.

Elmo

Reid
03-06-2010, 23:29
A lie will get around town quicker than the truth can gets his boots on.

HikerRanky
03-06-2010, 23:42
Here's my take on this whole thread.

First, the person in question has admitted it was a mistake. Good for him. At least he stood up and took responsibility for his action.

Secondly, it doesn't matter if the substance in question will be legal in a few years anyway. In the state that this happened, it is still an illegal substance.

Third, I think it would be a good idea for each of us to remember that NO ONE here is perfect. We have all made mistakes. We will continue to make mistakes until we are no longer alive.

Fourth, as has been stated earlier, "let he who is without blame cast the first stone". If anyone thinks they fit into that category, please refer to statement number 3.

I for one believe that Breeze has learned a very valuable lesson here and am willing to give him a second chance.

I hope that everyone will adopt this attitude and let's get back to talking about hiking.

Randy

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 23:48
........or we can talk about eggs.

I like eggs.

HikerRanky
03-06-2010, 23:50

I like eggs.

I like eggs too!!! I made some the other morning sunny side up, with red eye gravy!!!

YUMMY!!!

Randy

Bulldawg
03-06-2010, 23:50

I like eggs.

What's ur favorite way to cook 'em?

Ender
03-06-2010, 23:51
I like eggs too!!! I made some the other morning sunny side up, with red eye gravy!!!

YUMMY!!!

Randy

Personally, I'm not a big fan of eggs. Only way I really like them is with a lot of Texas Pete's hot sauce on them.

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 23:55
What's ur favorite way to cook 'em?

Cook? You can cook them?!?!?

Monkeyboy
03-06-2010, 23:56
Personally, I'm not a big fan of eggs. Only way I really like them is with a lot of Texas Pete's hot sauce on them.

Blasphamy!

Ender
03-07-2010, 00:00
Blasphamy!

I know. It kills me. Especially because I know I can cook eggs very well. Everyone else likes them, but not me. Sigh........

Monkeyboy
03-07-2010, 00:01
I know. It kills me. Especially because I know I can cook eggs very well. Everyone else likes them, but not me. Sigh........

Heretic!!!

Lugnut
03-07-2010, 00:02
I started out as an egg. :p

pyroman53
03-07-2010, 00:03
Not an issue for me. Lots less of a deal than the glass of Knob Creek I'm legally sippin right now. Give a guy some slack! CAB, I don't know you but you've been straight and helpful on WB, and it sounds like you help out lots of people on the trail. You seem like good folk! Good enough for me.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 01:08

Come on Wolf live life with no regrets!

yeah you're right. i did nothing wrong but quite a few of my aquaintances think i have. and i don't share what they all have in common.
pas the spuds

Cool AT Breeze
03-07-2010, 01:12
I want to thank all of my friends here on WB for standing up for me. Some of you I have met some I have not but you are all my friends. I just want to make clear I do not move my car under the influence of anything. If i'm going to have a beer in the evening I go in the hostle and tell the hikers that the shutles are over for the night. I rarely drink during the busy season. I was a paramedic for 20 years and don't play that one drink wont hurt anything crap. I used to smoke quite often. Not so much the last few years. I was at a party the night before this incedent, I had 2 beers a shot of bourbon and smoked nothing. I had it with me because I was at a party. I didn't want to drive home after drinking that small amount so I left in the morning totaly sober.It was still in my pocket because when I got home three people wanted to go home before I even got in the house. We jumped in the car and down the road we went. Im done responding to this thread. If anyone wants to talk to me about it, PM me. Thanks again for your support. I hope to see you on the trail.

Cool AT Breeze
03-07-2010, 01:14
yeah you're right. i did nothing wrong but quite a few of my aquaintances think i have. and i don't share what they all have in common.
pas the spuds
I love you brother. Even though you can be a prick. It's all good.

TD55
03-07-2010, 01:44
Nice to see this little tussel egging on a good note with peace and eggharmony. May we put it all in the past and eggzist from now forward with the spirit of Eggward Bacon when he wrote "to share ones TP is the true meaning of brotherhood".

RedneckRye
03-07-2010, 01:49
How many hikers have put shuttlers in jeopardy by having weed in their pack?:-?

If the shuttler picks a hiker up on one side of the state line and takes him to the other side, is that a federal crime?:-?

When did hikers start relying on shuttlers to get everywhere and stop sticking out there thumbs to just hitch a ride for free?:-?

Just wondering, inquiring minds want to know.:-?

pfann
03-07-2010, 02:41
I know Im a little late to the party here but I couldnt resist. I don't know Cool Breeze or JustaTauron personally, and I have read a limited amount of facts about the incident so I will try to speak from experience mostly. Here goes.

If Im getting in a car with another driver I am still responsible for my own safety. If I think the driver is incapable of driving safely I dont take the ride, no matter who the driver is. It is nothing personal. I have turned down rides from people before.

If I know someone is using or is possessing something illegal I avoid them. In a different time and place with nothing illegal going on I have no problem associating with them. Again, its nothing personal I just choose to avoid behaviors I disagree with. Others make different choices.

If I meet CB on the trail, I have no problem hanging out. We may not agree on everything but that's ok.

Sounds like Cool Breeze admitted his mistake and took responsibility for it. Thats better than most people I have dealt with in similar situations. Most folks would be doing the backstroke that would put Michael Phelps to shame.

If I ever hire CB for a shuttle and he's safe and sober Im gettin in. If he's not, Im not gettin in.

SERIOUSLY???

If a cop arrests a passenger in a car just because the driver has a bag in his pocket, the cop is either corrupt or incompetent. In my experience I would lean toward incompetent. There are many more incompetent cops in comparison to corrupt cops (the movie "Training Day" notwithstanding).

That doesn't mean there are potential hazards for the passenger. First, he's delayed while the cop sorts all this out. He's probably getting his ID checked and possibly his pack searched. All of this is in the very least, a hassle which could have been avoided.

There certainly are situations where everyone in a car MAY get arrested when drugs are present, but for small amounts, a good cop is going to take the time to get it right and make a good case against the person who was actually in possession, and not make blanket arrests that dont hold up in court.

It is NOT OFTEN that everyone gets arrested for drugs in a car. I dont know where you interned for a Public Defender, but I will take my 20 years police experience versus your 6 month public defender copyboy experience any day.

If I meet JT on the trail I have no problem hangin out. We may not agree on everything, but that's ok.

pfann
03-07-2010, 02:43
One more thing...

Sunnyside up, two peices of white toast, and some Eckrich Smoky-links. Mmmm.

Feral Bill
03-07-2010, 02:46

That would be a loss to us here.

Lion King
03-07-2010, 03:41
Wait a minute....I forgot what this thread was about..oh yeah....wait its gone again....

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 09:33
Original poster requested the thread be removed. Feel free to continue to discuss the issue if you like. In the future it would be better to avoid assuming the reasons that moderation actions are taken without knowing all the facts. The person in question actually asked that the thread not be deleted, but it was already moved.

here's the link that started all this BS yesterday morning. http://www.trailforums.com/index2.cfm?action=detail&PostNum=58279&thread=5&roomid=7&EntryID=131317 a few nites ago, neel gap was being discuseed on another website and it wasn't all positive. the next morning i saw the post on trailjournals and thought how ironic so i posted the link here to stir up a little discussion. IN NO WAY did i think the person in question was CB. i truthfully had 2 or 3 others in mind. some of my so-called friends repeatedly said i was lyin', that i knew damn well it was CB. i don't lie. people who smoke dope stick together and rationalize their use. i owe apologies to no one. y'all have a nice day :)

Belew
03-07-2010, 09:37
I like poached eggs the best but Wonder hates when I poach them cause it stinks up the house.

Egads
03-07-2010, 09:43
I like fish eggs on sushi rolls. Had some yesterday. Mmmm

mister krabs
03-07-2010, 10:10
CAB, I'd ride with you and bring one to share.

woodsy
03-07-2010, 10:15
If CB hadn't gone out of his way to pick up these hikers, he wouldn't be in this mess.
Everyone knows there isn't much money in shuttling after all the time and money for fuel and maintenance.
Some thanks for getting these hikers where they were going by black balling him on the internet !

Manwich
03-07-2010, 10:22
I'm not seeing many people chewing out CB on here. In the other thread, I called the "offender" an Idiot and I didn't know who it was. Doesn't change my opinion now that I know who it is.

I'm not the kind of guy that'll ask if a shuttler's holding or anything... but I know I'd be mighty pissed if my crap ended up getting searched through because of somebody else. In my state, the cop can nail the passenger, too if he really wanted to. Also, being from jersey, it's unfathomable to me that anyone would get caught with it in a car, most would just swallow.

::hitchikes a guy in a pickup::
"Where ya goin?"
"NOC. Umm, you don't have any pot on you do you?"
"Whos askin?"
"I just don't think you should have it."
::is hitchiking again::

The punishment? Besides legal crap... it's now a matter of public record and CB's behavior may be scrutinized by a couple people. That said, as much as I know about CB, I'd still ride with him.

bfitz
03-07-2010, 10:51
Cool Breeze is a fine driver, and I'd love to have him drive me, or my car, anytime. Why? I've never seen him take a drink, not even a single beer, before driving.
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1775.html

bfitz
03-07-2010, 10:53
UK: Cannabis May Make You A Safer Driver
by Jonathon Carr-Brown, (13 Aug 2000)

Times United Kingdom
TAKING the high road may not be so dangerous after all. Ministers are set to be embarrassed by government-funded research which shows that driving under the influence of drugs makes motorists more cautious and has a limited impact on their risk of crashing.

In the study, conducted by the Transport Research Laboratory, grade A cannabis specially imported from America was given to 15 regular users. The doped-up drivers were then put through four weeks of tests on driving simulators to gauge reaction times and awareness.

Regular smokers were used because previous tests in America using first-timers resulted in the volunteers falling over and feeling ill. The laboratory found its guinea pigs through what it described as a "snowballing technique" - one known user was asked to find another after being promised anonymity and exemption from prosecution agreed with the Home Office.

Instead of proving that drug-taking while driving increased the risk of accidents, researchers found that the mellowing effects of cannabis made drivers more cautious and so less likely to drive dangerously.

Although the cannabis affected reaction time in regular users, its effects appear to be substantially less dangerous than fatigue or drinking. Research by the Australian Drugs Foundation found that cannabis was the only drug tested that decreased the relative risk of having an accident.

The findings will embarrass ministers at the Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions ( DETR ) who commissioned the study after pressure from motoring organisations and anti-drug campaigners. Lord Whitty, the transport minister, will receive the report later this month.

Last week police revealed details of new drug-driving tests to be administered by the roadside, which were received with some amusement. They require suspected drug-drivers to stand on one leg, lean back and touch their nose with their eyes closed, and to count to 30 silently with their eyes shut. This is apparently difficult for those on a drug trip.

The advertising company McCann-Erickson has already prepared a television campaign using Pulp's song Sorted for Es and Whizz, the slogan "Never drive on drugs" and the pay-off line "then you come down".

However, if the findings are less than frightening on the effects of marijuana, they may convince ministers to put more money into raising driver awareness of fatigue. Tiredness is now blamed for causing 10% of all fatal accidents, compared with 6% for alcohol and 3% for drugs.

A low-key radio campaign will be launched tomorrow warning drivers to take breaks.

The report's surprising conclusions will not sway organisations such as the RAC, which believes there is incontrovertible evidence that drug-driving is a growing menace. DETR statistics published in January showed a six-fold increase in the number of people found to be driving with drugs in their system after fatal road accidents. The figure jumped from 3% in 1989 to 18%.

Dr Rob Tunbridge, the report's author, refused to reveal his findings before they were published but said: "If you were to ask me to rank them in order of priority, fatigue is the worst killer, followed by alcohol, and drugs follow way behind in third."

Tunbridge admitted that the effect of drugs differed with the individual, the amount taken, the environment they were taken in and the point at which you tested reactions.

Cocaine users are known to be alert drivers when they first take the drug, but then they have a tendency to fall asleep at the wheel. The particular problem with cannabis is that it stays in a person's system for up to 30 hours but its effects wear off within a few hours.

bfitz
03-07-2010, 10:56
Cool Breeze is a fine driver, and I'd love to have him drive me, or my car, anytime. Why? I've never seen him take a drink, not even a single beer, before driving.
Uncle Johhny on the other hand...

Rockhound
03-07-2010, 11:01
Unfortunately you can have a million reports and studies revealing the same thing and not just studies showing pot is not nearly as bad as some people think it is. Studies showing that pot has many many benefits. Some people will simply refuse to believe as they steadfastly cling to the propaganda and outright lies they were indoctrinated with as youth. No biggie. Live and let live.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 11:04
http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1775.html

Uncle Johhny on the other hand...

Unfortunately you can have a million reports and studies revealing the same thing and not just studies showing pot is not nearly as bad as some people think it is. Studies showing that pot has many many benefits. Some people will simply refuse to believe as they steadfastly cling to the propaganda and outright lies they were indoctrinated with as youth. No biggie. Live and let live.

still illegal. posts reported

Egads
03-07-2010, 11:07

So...why did I walk into this room again? Was I supposed to do something? Smoking dope has absolutely no affects what so ever...Right! :-?

JustaTouron
03-07-2010, 11:09

It is not as bad as some people claim. And it is not as harmless as other claim. Personally I support legalizing it use. None of that matters or is relevant.

While as is currently illegal any one who has it in their possession while driving a shuttle/taxi/bus/commercial airline etc ought permanently lose their license to operate a commercial vehicle for hire. I feel the exact same way if a shuttle/taxi/bus driver was operating a vehicle for hire with an open container.

warraghiyagey
03-07-2010, 11:42
That's probably for the best. . . . .

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 11:48
That's probably for the best. . . . .

yeah. no fun bein' part of a site where you're called a liar by folks i invited in. you dopers stick together pretty good. enjoy hobo :)

warraghiyagey
03-07-2010, 11:49
Whatever hissy fit queen. . .

Roland
03-07-2010, 11:50
Pardon my ignorance; what/where is hobo?

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 11:51
Whatever hissy fit queen. . .

go on back to hobo now and talk about me :D

warraghiyagey
03-07-2010, 11:53
go on back to hobo now and talk about me :D

whatever. . .

warraghiyagey
03-07-2010, 11:53
Ask Wolf, he's more than happy to talk about it. . . .

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 11:54

out in cyberland

warraghiyagey
03-07-2010, 11:55
I honestly couldn't tell you what the hell he's talkin about. . .

Rockhound
03-07-2010, 11:57
yeah. no fun bein' part of a site where you're called a liar by folks i invited in. you dopers stick together pretty good. enjoy hobo :)
Does this mean you're friends with TOW again?

Roland
03-07-2010, 11:57
Thanks, LW. I wasn't familiar with that expression.

Rockhound
03-07-2010, 12:02
I think it stands for Hikers Outdoor Bong Organization.

Panzer1
03-07-2010, 12:03
This thread has degraded into name calling and is serving no useful purpose. It should be closed.

Panzer

Roland
03-07-2010, 12:04
If nothing else, it did smoke the potheads out of the bushes.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 12:05
Does this mean you're friends with TOW again?

i speak to him from time to time in passing. he's actually a lot more righteous than you'll ever be

Rockhound
03-07-2010, 12:05
This thread has degraded into name calling and is serving no useful purpose. It should be closed.

Panzer
Jerkasaurus.

Mags
03-07-2010, 12:06
This thread is not too debate of whether pot should be legal, its effects or whether Twinkies or pizza is the preferred munchies when stoned. :sun

Thanks!

Off to go skiing 'cause some of us like to do outdoor stuff. ;)

Rockhound
03-07-2010, 12:07
This thread is not too debate of whether pot should be legal, its effects or whether Twinkies or pizza is the preferred munchies when stoned. :sun

Thanks!

Actually I think It's Doritos.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 12:09

i'm fixin' to go for a run on the creeper and fire up the harley after :cool:

Roland
03-07-2010, 12:10
i'm fixin' to go for a run on the creeper and fire up the harley after :cool:

How far will you run? How's the training going?

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 12:11
How far will you run? How's the training going?
i usually run 4 miles a day. i'm not training for anything right now

Roland
03-07-2010, 12:13
i usually run 4 miles a day. i'm not training for anything right now

You've come a long way in the last year. Congrats on the healthy lifestyle changes.

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 12:15
thank you.

ed bell
03-07-2010, 13:29
OK, this has run it's course. Closed........