PDA

View Full Version : Rain in the forecast

Roughin' It
03-07-2010, 10:29
I am starting my thru-hike this coming saturday, and it looks like i will be starting in rain, for a few days in a row. welcome to the AT right?

Lone Wolf
03-07-2010, 10:36
too far off to forecast. it may not rain next weekend

Inwoods
03-07-2010, 10:40
Its much better than the previous weather. Spring is comming....er... springer is comming.

Grampie
03-07-2010, 11:17
Get use to it. There will be plent of more comming.:)

Slo-go'en
03-07-2010, 13:07
Funny thing is, as much as you might curse the rain in the spring, by the time you get up to the mid-atlantic states and its beastly hot and muggy, you really start to miss not having that cool, rainy weather to hike in!

Though I must admit, when I did a section hike of VA last spring and it rained something like 23 out of 30 days, that was getting to be a bit much. Guess the drought years are over.

Blissful
03-07-2010, 20:01
No rain.....

No....

well, you get it...that state way far north you're heading to. :)

d.o.c
03-07-2010, 21:17
yea it raind for the entire month of may for me last spring during my thru hike it was sad it seemd to run in cycles it gets hot then it rains and it strrts over again it rains alot on the AT

Red Hat
03-08-2010, 07:45
whatnowmitch, I'll be out there Sat too. Are you staying at the HikerHostel Friday night?

Roughin' It
03-08-2010, 09:19
No I won't be staying at the hostel...

drifters quest
03-08-2010, 14:13
It's not supposed to rain the day I start, it is however supposed to be cloudy and rain the two days before I start which means their forecasted temperature of 68 degrees will make things very humid. For this Wyoming girl humidity is gonna be the biggest factor. I may have grown up in Hawaii but it's been a while since i've had to deal with the stuff and I know i'll have to deal with it a lot this Summer :)

Blissful
03-08-2010, 20:59
It's not supposed to rain the day I start, it is however supposed to be cloudy and rain the two days before I start which means their forecasted temperature of 68 degrees will make things very humid. For this Wyoming girl humidity is gonna be the biggest factor. I may have grown up in Hawaii but it's been a while since i've had to deal with the stuff and I know i'll have to deal with it a lot this Summer :)

Humid? At 68 degree air temp? Now that I would not lose sleep over. :D

You'll have fun with 90 degree temp, 90% summer humidity

drifters quest
03-10-2010, 14:05
Well, I guess when I say humid at that temperature I mean damp. 68 might be nice, but in the fourties and fifties damp is chilly. Good thing I like heat, can't wait for Summer! Red Hat- looks like i'll be staying at the Hiker Hostel Friday night too.