PDA

View Full Version : Grandson

Pole Climber
10-01-2004, 22:10
Every time I come home from a hike my four year old grandson asks me when he can go hiking with me. I have to tell him when he gets older. I am sure some of you have some great stories about hiking with your grandchildren. I would like to hear your stories.

SGT Rock
10-02-2004, 06:34
No grandkids yet, but I plan to do exactly that.

Hammock Hanger
10-02-2004, 08:37
Every time I come home from a hike my four year old grandson asks me when he can go hiking with me. I have to tell him when he gets older. I am sure some of you have some great stories about hiking with your grandchildren. I would like to hear your stories.
I took my four year old son hiking all the time, by 10 he hiked the 100 mile wilderness carrying everything he needed (ie: bivy sack, sleeping bag, clothes, snacks, water... even a small fishing pole) We carried the group food and cooking stuff. Of course he is 21 now and the memories are fading (NOT!) I kept a journal even then and look at it often.

Take your grandson for a short hike... Sue/HH

TedB
10-02-2004, 14:20
If you take him with you on a short hike, try to see the world as he does, with the eyes of a 4 year old. Be a kid again, if you can't remember how, see what your grandson is doing, what he is looking at, what makes him smile, what he finds strange and interesting. This can be a fun exercise.