PDA

View Full Version : Mountainside Cafe, Falls Village - still closed?

lysol
03-08-2010, 21:15
I'm doing a section from Salisbury south in the next few days. Last time I passed through this section the Mountainside Cafe outside of Falls Village Ct. was closed. If memory serves me, they had a sign that they'd be re-opening. I've stopped there in the past - it was a great restaurant.

Anybody know if it has reopened? Appreciate any info. Thanks.

johnnyblisters
03-08-2010, 21:18
They're only open a few days of the week, hopefully someone who paid attention can chime in. Or give them a ring, great folks! (860) 824-7886

Many Walks
03-08-2010, 23:56
The Mountainside Cafe was the best meal we had on the trail. Pulled in there in the rain for breakfast. I had the biggest combo on the menu (the Lumberjack) and added several sides to it. They had to pull up another table just to hold my food. Everyone was staring, but it was great. I ate all mine and part of my wife's breakfast that was too big for her. I suggested to the manager they add a bigger combo called the “thru hiker” as the Lumberjack was just too small. He was speechless. I hope they open again, it was a great place! When we watch Man vs. Food we always compare it to that breakfast at the Mountainside.

Symbol
03-11-2010, 14:44
Toymaker's Cafe is open in Falls Village. Great burgers! Never made it to Mountainside Cafe.

lysol
03-17-2010, 17:19
I thought I'd post a follow up in case anybody searches for this info. in the future. The Mountainside cafe is closed - according to a local, it has been closed for quite some time. Toymaker's cafe is open limited days.

The Thru-hiker's companion must not get updated for this section very often. It still lists a "Pizza Restaurant", but this closed several years ago along with the German hotel.

Still a beautiful section of trail.