PDA

View Full Version : 3 months til E2E

moon_whisperer
03-09-2010, 11:08
With all these GAMErs on their way north from Springer and many others awaiting their upcoming start, was wondering if there are any of us who are looking forward to an LT thru-hike? I'm within the 3 month countdown; got some overnights planned this week and later in May to finalize my things and have got a case of what I sometimes call...Greylock Fever :D.

Any Whiteblazers going to be trekking the "footpath in the wilderness" this summer? Who's getting pysched!!

skinny minnie
03-09-2010, 11:09
I won't be there... but I know of 3 friends who have LT plans this summer and they are definitely pumped :)

Yukon
03-09-2010, 11:16
We (my fiancee and I) are starting a NOBO hike of the LT on August 13th, can't wait :banana.

NorthCountryWoods
03-09-2010, 15:09
I'm psyched for it every year. Although we're not planning an E2E, we usually cover everything north of VT Rt 4 at least once every year. Yesterday was a warm 50 degrees and sunny in Waterville.....sap was running like crazy and so were the thoughts of hiking.

Quoddy
03-09-2010, 20:26
I've done sections every year since moving to this area and one E-2-E. I was really psyched for the E-2-E and did a lot of planning. Since then I just grab my gear and go. I'm looking forward to following Yukon's hike this year. Moon Whisperer... you do know that Mount Greylock isn't on the LT... right?

Cookerhiker
03-09-2010, 21:22
We (my fiancee and I) are starting a NOBO hike of the LT on August 13th, can't wait :banana.

August 13 (http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=6248) happens to be the date I started my inside-out end-to-end in 2007. Have a great time. If your experience is any like mine, bugs shouldn't be a factor.

ONTH Moon Whisper, a 3 month countdown means you're starting in early June? Bring plenty of good insect repellant! Happy Trails!

YoungMoose
03-09-2010, 21:50
Im planning on doing it as of now. Just need to keep getting good grades in school. I dont know what dates im doing becuase some of you may know that i do SCA and im going to work my schedual around that. but htey havent told me what dates and where im going yet. Im hoping that before i leave i can get at least a week in on the LT then i go. When i get back i will finish it up. I am going to be doing it anytime between July 1st and September 5th.

moon_whisperer
03-09-2010, 22:10
Quoddy- haha it may have appeared I have no idea what I'm talkin about. But yes indeed, I do know Greylock, the highest peak in MASSACHUSETTS, is not part of the LT. I did a section hike of the AT in MA last summer and ended at the top of Greylock. This summer on my LT E2E, just to be copacetic, I'll be starting there and continuing North on the Appalachian Trail until it splits for Maine.

vonfrick
03-10-2010, 23:56

d00d maybe we'll actually see you this time, we'll be coming sobo from me on the at then makin the right :banana timing sounds close to what i was thinking

Tinker
03-11-2010, 00:39
With all these GAMErs on their way north from Springer and many others awaiting their upcoming start, was wondering if there are any of us who are looking forward to an LT thru-hike? I'm within the 3 month countdown; got some overnights planned this week and later in May to finalize my things and have got a case of what I sometimes call...Greylock Fever :D.

Any Whiteblazers going to be trekking the "footpath in the wilderness" this summer? Who's getting pysched!!
If you hike REALLY SLOWLY I might catch up to you in September (I have to use my guidebook and hiker's guide before they "expire" :D).

Bleemus
03-11-2010, 19:52
I am planning an E2E starting with the first good weather window after the first week of August. Finalizing gear, making hammock modifications, figuring out the menu and building a chicken coop at the same time. Plenty of time but still looking forward to giving it a go!