PDA

View Full Version : Bonnaroo 2010?

Madison
03-13-2010, 13:03
Thinking of taking a few days off and going to Bonnaroo in Manchester, TN June 10-13th. Renting a car and driving over from wherever I am on the trail (somewhere between Pearisburg and Front Royal). Just throwing it out there is anyone else is interested. - Yum Yum

:welcome

Rockhound
03-13-2010, 13:08
You hippie earthy types will never make it to Katahdin. Just in it for the partying. Real hikers only leave the trail for resupply and a shower one a month.

d.o.c
03-13-2010, 13:42
bonnaroo sucks goto delfest in Md last weekend in may its more worth it or get in maine by the fourth pf july i kno tht may be hard but i would for nateva has furthur playn u will be gettn more for your money i promise i saw phish durin my hike it was awsome

d.o.c
03-13-2010, 13:42
You hippie earthy types will never make it to Katahdin. Just in it for the partying. Real hikers only leave the trail for resupply and a shower one a month.
haha i made it to katahdin i didnt party all tht much in town

justingk
03-14-2010, 11:27

This attitude is EXACTLY why I don't post more on this board.

People like Baltimore Jack and others have been such a big help with their experience. However, your attitude and others like this seem kind of ridiculous. Thankfully, we'll meet plenty of people on the trail who aren't like this.

I leave in 5 days. Damn, I can't wait.

d.o.c
03-14-2010, 11:30
people will act like that i met a guy who said he caries a month of food or somethn and how its dumb to go into town so i passed him went to town came back and stayd ahead of him haha wht a jackass

Class2010AT
03-14-2010, 14:57
buy my ticket and i would be glad to go with you. tix are almost 400$ aren't they?

Wheeler
03-14-2010, 15:02
Ha,ha!!! I partied my way from Maine to Georgia, then did the same from Mex. to Can. Man, I had some good times. I watched all kinds of people drop off the trail for various reasons. Go have a blast at Bonaroo!!! Then get hiking again.

Rockhound
03-14-2010, 17:29
This attitude is EXACTLY why I don't post more on this board.

People like Baltimore Jack and others have been such a big help with their experience. However, your attitude and others like this seem kind of ridiculous. Thankfully, we'll meet plenty of people on the trail who aren't like this.

I leave in 5 days. Damn, I can't wait.
Wow! you need a sense of humor transfusion stat. You actually thought I was serious? IT WAS A JOKE! Careful when you hit the trail. You may find other people who like to laugh and have fun. Seems to me you better avoid these folks at all costs or you might actually start to enjoy yourself.

tennesseered
03-15-2010, 12:30
go to all good in west va furthur is playin unless you like techno electronic stuff bonnaroo mostly has

DAJA
03-15-2010, 12:34
Skip Bonnarroo, such a lame festival... Just get a good hustle on and attend Nevia in Maine!

johnnyblisters
03-15-2010, 12:39
go to all good in west va furthur is playin unless you like techno electronic stuff bonnaroo mostly has

I second going to All Good at Marvins mountaintop WV. It's always a good time, infact, its all good...

thelowend
03-15-2010, 13:32

You skeptical, pessimistic types will die unhappy...
I used to love Bonnaroo before it was completely raped by everything unholy. Go to a smaller festival if you want the true festival experience.

Pony
03-15-2010, 13:37

That's what I was going to say. Although I went last year and there was a fair amount of electronic stuff there as well. Good line up at Allgood this year, Further, Widespread Panic, Yonder Mountain, Cornmeal, Railroad Earth, George Clinton, those are just the ones that come to mind.

Tennessee Viking
03-15-2010, 13:47
To me, I just don't get it...Why do you want to go spend a $230 or so bucks to sleep in the mud. That includes the $5-10 bottled water, $20 cold food, and the nightmare of traffic.

Stay on trail and you do that for free, and the scenary is a whole lot nicer.

Pony
03-15-2010, 14:04
Stay on trail and you do that for free, and the scenary is a whole lot nicer.

Are you trying to say that the tripped out naked guy burning all his clothes in the fire wasn't good scenery? :D

You're right though, I like festivals, but wouldn't leave the trail for one. Plus, what happens when someone steals your pack? That's right, these so called hippy types do sometimes steal.

tennesseered
03-15-2010, 14:19
yea the all good line up is sick and the at goes throgh wv so im there this summer:banana

Lone Wolf
03-15-2010, 14:31
yea the all good line up is sick and the at goes throgh wv so im there this summer:banana

it's over 3 hours from Harpers Ferry to the Allgood fest

d.o.c
03-15-2010, 14:33
allgood is hood man get robbd while your seein bands people fighting over tanks kinda sad if u wanna boggie near the trail ill see you in maine at nateva plus moe. headliner u cnt get upset with that

Madison
03-15-2010, 19:06
thanks for all the feedback! i have never been to a festival (let alone bonnaroo) and everyone has great ideas! i'm looking forward to seeing what happens in the moment. cheers!

d.o.c
03-15-2010, 19:26
wow if you want a good festival experience go for nateva or delfest you dont wanna goto allhood u shouldnt pay tht much cash and travel tht far to be in the worst vibe festival u can goto it died five years ago along with bonnaroo

Class2010AT
03-15-2010, 23:25
Im telling you guys Jerryfest is the way to go!! like 5 miles off trail. great jambands and bluegrass(aka P.A. barn rock). Check out the site www.jerryfest.com (http://www.jerryfest.com). Me and 3 other guys went last year while on trail and were still talking bout it.

NashvilleBiscuit
03-16-2010, 11:44
I came off the trail last year and followed The Dead for a week. Went to 3 shows then got a ride back to the trail. It was a great time but I really missed the trail. Dont buy a ticket to a festival and plan on going you might get out there and change your mind. Let it be a decision made somewhat last minute. Also, Bonarroo's lineup sucks this year. Listen to the people on here and go to All Good. Send me a private message. If I end up going I might could provide some trail magic and pick some of the hikers up on the way.

shwn354
03-22-2010, 23:06
i hiked in '08 and myself and about 11 other hikers got off trail and got jobs serving food at bonnaroo. after that, most of us used the money we had made and rented canoes to paddle down the shenandoah river for a week before getting back on trail. Those two weeks brought some of the absolute best memories of my entire hike. You got a couple thousand miles to walk, and it was fun to have a change of pace for awhile. And if you do go, look for the stand selling the fried gator meat. Myself and a few fellow 08ers will be back there, because we've had such a blast the last two summers(we did it again last year as well). Hope to see you in tennessee!!

Chaco Taco
03-22-2010, 23:16
Im telling you, WV, ALLGOOD. This is the year to go. Amazing Festival

Hikingsasquatch
03-24-2010, 11:43
Did that guy have a long-sleeved thermal top and a ball cap pulled down real low over his brow?

d.o.c
03-24-2010, 13:18
I came off the trail last year and followed The Dead for a week. Went to 3 shows then got a ride back to the trail.

i did the same thng last year and then did a lil phish while i was in new england

tennesseered
03-25-2010, 09:56
I came off the trail last year and followed The Dead for a week. Went to 3 shows then got a ride back to the trail. It was a great time but I really missed the trail. Dont buy a ticket to a festival and plan on going you might get out there and change your mind. Let it be a decision made somewhat last minute. Also, Bonarroo's lineup sucks this year. Listen to the people on here and go to All Good. Send me a private message. If I end up going I might could provide some trail magic and pick some of the hikers up on the way.

you know where you're gonna be headed? this could be great im looking for a ride to some festi.......

DAJA
03-25-2010, 10:52
Also keep in mind, that Phish very well could have a summer tour ending festival in the Northeast this summer... Late August, possibly Limestone, ME or there are even some strong rumours floating about that they may attempt a Coventry II..

A Phish festival would be a fantastic way to end a long walk.. And since I've attended nearly every major/minor music festival in the US over the years, I can say with confidence that Phish throughs a fest unlike any other... In fact, most fests today are modeled on the Phish festival model, they just don't seem to capture the same magic as Phish...

lazy river road
03-25-2010, 13:09
HYOH and have fun. IVe been to bonnaroo twice first time best time of my life second time not so much. Been to all good and del fest and out of all of them Del Fest is by far the best festi out their. Small, intimate and some kick a$$ blue grass for a weekend. But what ever festi you plan on doing just plan it out smart. Im also sure you cold find a bonnaroo msg board and share ride with non thru hiker or get picked up by a shuttle depending on where you are. Or better yet, have a friend pick you up on the trail head, go to bonnaroo with friend, then have friend drop you off at same trail head. THis would also be usefull for a resupply or to swap your gear out if you need to. Have fun. My end to end is causing me to miss all possibilities of going to a festi and im missing four phish shows that are with in 3hrs of my house :(

Chaco Taco
03-25-2010, 13:18
Also keep in mind, that Phish very well could have a summer tour ending festival in the Northeast this summer... Late August, possibly Limestone, ME or there are even some strong rumours floating about that they may attempt a Coventry II..

A Phish festival would be a fantastic way to end a long walk.. And since I've attended nearly every major/minor music festival in the US over the years, I can say with confidence that Phish throughs a fest unlike any other... In fact, most fests today are modeled on the Phish festival model, they just don't seem to capture the same magic as Phish...

Seein em July in Charlotte.
Allgood this year is going to be pretty amazing
Further, Panic, Yonder, Umphreys, PGroove, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi,George Clinton, Bassnectar. We saw Further this year and I gotta say that it was pretty incredible

DAJA
03-25-2010, 13:22
Seein em July in Charlotte.
Allgood this year is going to be pretty amazing
Further, Panic, Yonder, Umphreys, PGroove, Derek Trucks and Susan Tedeschi,George Clinton, Bassnectar. We saw Further this year and I gotta say that it was pretty incredible

Allgood sometimes can be a little....shady... But that is a good lineup for sure! Enjoy..

We have plans to see Further in Maine this summer... My bro saw them in Asheville not long ago and has not stopped talking about it yet...

Chaco Taco
03-25-2010, 13:30
Allgood sometimes can be a little....shady... But that is a good lineup for sure! Enjoy..

We have plans to see Further in Maine this summer... My bro saw them in Asheville not long ago and has not stopped talking about it yet...

I was 3rd row for that show

Allgood is shady, thats why you go "even better"

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 20:40
Im all over phish this summer in southeast they shouldnt do coventry that was awsome how it was and very sad i wanna limestone or oswego phest and newyeaars in miami again or the everglades..

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 20:42
phish is molded on The Grateful Dead this whole jam scene is what happend to the dead heads when jerry died and they started like furthur festivals.

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 20:46
Not to strt anything i kno the two bands are very different sounding they just bring the same folks for the most part.

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 20:47
"jerry's dead. phish sucks. geta life" my favorite bumper sticker :cool:

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 20:49
come to Asheville for a real rock show with the Drive-By Truckers April 16-17 at the Orange Peel

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 20:51
moe. is where its at but them truckers arnt to bad if i must say.

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 20:57
moe. is where its at but them truckers arnt to bad if i must say.

:D when moe came on at the Warren Haynes X-mas show in Asheville i assumed it was intermission. god they suck!

DAJA
03-25-2010, 21:01
Truckers are good too...We've seen them a number of times over the years.. Right now i've been super hooked on Donna the Buffalo and John Butler Trio... I'll be looking to see both live this summer..

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 21:02
haha there not that bad they usualy strt out weak then second set come out thrown punchs idk they have there own fest on killington this weekend

DAJA
03-25-2010, 21:04
moe.down by far is the best bang for your buck in America, period... It is well run, very affordable, eclectic acts, great venue, great vibe, good for young families, and best of all 3 days of moe...
By far my favorite good time festival...

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 21:06
moe.down by far is the best bang for your buck in America, period... It is well run, very affordable, eclectic acts, great venue, great vibe, good for young families, and best of all 3 days of moe...
By far my favorite good time festival...

try to get tix to this. you won't be disappointed http://www.smilefest.com/

DAJA
03-25-2010, 21:07
haha there not that bad they usualy strt out weak then second set come out thrown punchs idk they have there own fest on killington this weekend

I know, Snoe.down... And boy it reminds me i'm growing up, because i've attended the first two in Lake Placid, and this year decided to go hiking instead... Wow:rolleyes:

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 21:09
I love moe.down headed there this summer to their new spot i liked the way moe. runs there fest i personaly was glad to see ninjas in there after those tanks. and lettn evrythng else fly for the most part. very family freindly.

DAJA
03-25-2010, 21:09
try to get tix to this. you won't be disappointed http://www.smilefest.com/

My brother was telling me about this, I think he attended last year... I very may be there this year... Thanks for reminding me..

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 21:13
lonewolf have u seen keller willliams solo?

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 21:14
lonewolf have u seen keller willliams solo?

yes i have. coupla times

DAJA
03-25-2010, 21:14
I love moe.down headed there this summer to their new spot i liked the way moe. runs there fest i personaly was glad to see ninjas in there after those tanks. and lettn evrythng else fly for the most part. very family freindly.

I could be wrong, but I believe moe.down has always been held at the Snow Ridge Ski Area in Turin... I've only missed the 1st, 4th and 7th, but all that I attended where the same spot in Turin..

I agree, the tanks are a major PITA... Just brings a destructive element with it.. But they're everywhere and seem to be a perminant fixture... Easy money..

Lone Wolf
03-25-2010, 21:17
and for you SOBOs, this is the best bang for your buck. $40 for the weekend http://www.bristolrhythm.com/

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 21:22
ITs always been in the same spot but they moved it to mohawk i realy liked turin and that ski slope had a sweet view from it. tanks bring bad vibes and bad folks there soly to line there pockets in money ha my freind and I are gonna sling "find the dank loose the tank" stickers this summer

d.o.c
03-25-2010, 21:25
I like kellers shows his new years shows are unreal

bojanglesandcurly
03-29-2010, 15:25
If you do end up going. hit me up i live just up the road from the fest and would be more than happy to assist, even if its just given you a places to crash or a few meals just let me know
Bojangles_09 ga-wv

MyName1sMud
03-31-2010, 15:52
I havent been to Bonnaroo since 05.

I was lucky enough to be there for 02,03,04,05 but won't ever be back. Bonnaroo.... to me.... died in 04. I was pissed the whole time I was there in 05. It just changed so much from the way it started.

Hell 02 you could walk straight up to the stage with a cooler and sit down and enjoy.

now you pretty much get stripped searched just to go into centerroo. what bull**** it became.

I am hitting Hubbalou this year. Should be a good time.

SFLSteve
04-02-2010, 14:22
Is anyone planning on going to see Trey at The Hangout Festival in AL? I am planning on starting a long section hike on May 18th after the shows.

Gaiter
04-02-2010, 14:23

and you would be the expert:D

msujay
04-02-2010, 22:25
Rothbury 2009 was incredible. Too bad it isn't happening this year..hopefully next year!

d.o.c
04-03-2010, 10:25
they put to much cool stuff headline rothburry in 09 that they couldnt top it if they tried this year.

Wheeler
04-03-2010, 11:26
i hiked in '08 and myself and about 11 other hikers got off trail and got jobs serving food at bonnaroo. after that, most of us used the money we had made and rented canoes to paddle down the shenandoah river for a week before getting back on trail. Those two weeks brought some of the absolute best memories of my entire hike. You got a couple thousand miles to walk, and it was fun to have a change of pace for awhile. And if you do go, look for the stand selling the fried gator meat. Myself and a few fellow 08ers will be back there, because we've had such a blast the last two summers(we did it again last year as well). Hope to see you in tennessee!!

I hiked in '08 and heard about that. Some people bashed you guys "that's not a thru, they can't say they DID the trail"; I think it's awesome, and will do it myself the next time around. What a great way to do it. thank god for free spirits!

Nevermind
04-04-2010, 12:05
Does anyone follow Toubab Krewe? They've played bonnaroo a few years- a really incredible band based out of Asheville, NC. They're constantly touring and play the Orange Peel pretty regularly. If you have a chance to see them (while on or off the trail), go for it. :D

d.o.c
04-04-2010, 12:30
krewe is sick there shows are awsome i went to their halloween show in chapel hill what a celebration chapel hill has..

shwn354
04-05-2010, 23:19
I hiked in '08 and heard about that. Some people bashed you guys "that's not a thru, they can't say they DID the trail"; I think it's awesome, and will do it myself the next time around. What a great way to do it. thank god for free spirits!

I may have missed a few miles, but surely got some extra smiles..:D