PDA

View Full Version : Platypus soft bottles

trailangelbronco
03-14-2010, 03:15
I just took two hiking for the day. Really cool concept, bottles that roll up into a little size and stuff anywhere when empty. Drink one, and stash it in a small pocket. Easy to clean when I got home, too.

Link http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/handheld-hydration/softbottle/product

ChrisFol
03-14-2010, 12:12
I just took two hiking for the day. Really cool concept, bottles that roll up into a little size and stuff anywhere when empty. Drink one, and stash it in a small pocket. Easy to clean when I got home, too.

Link http://cascadedesigns.com/platypus/handheld-hydration/softbottle/product

Never used these, but I do own a couple of 2L Platypus Hosers which are really neat. Ditch the hose and use a standard screw top or push/pull cap to save weight. I like these because they can be used in many ways and when combined with the Aquamira Frontier Pro they can even be used as a gravity and on-the-go filtration system-- best of all the whole set-up only weighs 7.7oz inclusive of MicroPur tabs and costs around $60!

Wags
03-14-2010, 19:00
i saw these at dicks for like $7 1/2 L and $10 for the full L

Wise Old Owl
03-14-2010, 19:26
Thanks! I will buy two!

Blissful
03-14-2010, 22:34
Wonder if you can mix drinks in it. I'd assume so.

Rocket Jones
03-15-2010, 06:13
Amazon has the 2L for about ten bucks. I have one on my wish list, I figure one of these in my pack will do nicely for end-of-day water needs, to go along with my two water bottles.

mtnkngxt
03-15-2010, 07:12
I've been using platypus bladders as water bottles for awhile, and just picked up 2 more with the handles at MRO yesterday.

DAJA
03-15-2010, 07:27
Any one know if you can put boiling or hot water in these? I still carry a nalgene for mixing drinks and my hot drinks.. I've tryed gateraid or vitimin water bottles but they deform, plus I have concerns over off gassing under heat with disposable bottles. So if one of these could withstand hot or boiling water it would bake a good replacement for my nalgene.

bigcranky
03-15-2010, 07:39
For a soft bottle, I like the Nalgene Cantene for its wide mouth lid. Easier to mix drinks and to clean. Slightly heavier.

Erin
03-16-2010, 00:08
I really like the Platypus soft bottles. They are light and durable and work great when pumping water. And when you are done, roll them up. I ususally use them the last, since they are so light.