PDA

View Full Version : Another funny bit about the movie

Mausalot
10-04-2004, 21:29
About once a month, I like to post here to let people who may not know about my movie 2000 Miles to Maine (http://homepage.newschool.edu/~at2k/) And for those that do, they may also enjoy reading the following by Ryan Jordan publisher of BackpackingLight.com (http://www.backpackinglight.com). Also, if anyone is interested in screening the movie for their club, drop me an email or provate message. Thanks.

Cameraman :dance

BackpackingLight.com Comments:

You'll have to forget about the desire for elegance and need for introspection that plagues most amateur wilderness filmmakers. 2000 Miles to Maine, rather, is a comic adventure requiring some level of identification with thru-hiking mentality, the ability to forgive the faults of imperfect characters, and a complete disregard for the rules followed by more traditional walkumentaries. This is not your typical popcorn and Red Vines kind of movie, and interpreting some of the humor may require a stronger tang than what a glass of wine has to offer. Thru-hikers that walk for a non-living will love it; people who dream about being a thru-hiker will either change their mind after seeing this movie, or quit their job immediately and hit the trail; people who like the solitude of hiking in the remote mountain West may wonder what all of the fuss is about and cringe at the social (dis)graces often found on the AT; finally, don't show this movie to your Mom if you just graduated high school and are heading to Springer: she'll flip out. Then again, for some those fixin' to find themselves outside the reigns of what parental influence can offer, maybe 2000 Miles to Maine will make a perfect Mother's Day gift.

Morality Disclaimer: This film is unrated but contains visual and vocal material that might be construed as inappropriate by some, including PG-rated language, the use of substances deemed unconventional by those living outside of Humboldt County, and the use of backpacking gear that is heavier than a load of PCT horse crap on a wet spring morning. There is no nudity in the film, despite the fact that there is most definitely some nudity on the Appalachian Trail.