PDA

View Full Version : matthewski's hope

mweinstone
03-15-2010, 19:54
there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen. it would be the single greatest attempt of my many. the trail aint got nothin on me. my son is 20 and my life is in order. all i need is the fiducherary fidus.mula. gabish?i may be able if i work 10 hour days as i did today for the first time in a while. my cuttoff for northbounding is may 15th. ive started that late before. its lonely and the trail is wooped and you dont get scratches cause the brambles all trampled. and i will go southbounding if i can after that date. in any event, im on a mission. i will need to sell alot of art . i will use the sunny warm days to sit on rittenhouse square and the nights to pray. wish me luck?its my 5th attempt. never got past mile 1340, vernon new jersy. and dont ask. i never start where i left off. its every mile from the parking lot at amacalola visitor center or bust

jnanagardener
03-15-2010, 20:01
Reading your post makes me want to take Spring Break and not come back for the rest of the school year! If not me, better you...where can I see some of your art? Anything to help with your mission.

scottdennis
03-15-2010, 20:02
I hope you do it! Best of luck to you!

Roland
03-15-2010, 20:10
Selling your art would be a good thing. Selling art to Uncle Sam would be even better.

Best of luck realizing your dream!

mweinstone
03-15-2010, 20:13
yessy.com search matthew weinstone. any art on that site sold here will be split fairly with whiteblaze after a deduction for members. and m,y studio is open to all with 5000 pictures and 25 years of my single minded bible illustrations. so if you hate bible art, dont look.

DapperD
03-15-2010, 20:38
there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen. Well I think if you get out there and see clouds forming overhead you better run for cover:D. Seriousely, best of luck to you:o

Lone Wolf
03-15-2010, 20:48
just go walk till it ain't happenin' for ya. thru-hikin' mentality is TOO stressful. seriously

Storm
03-15-2010, 21:14
Here's a thought. You might want to check P. Graham Dunn at
www.pgrahamdunn.com (http://www.pgrahamdunn.com).

They sell religious carvings and artwork and are currently looking for artist's submissions to sell. Don't know what kind of a cut they would take but it might allow you to sell a lot of art very quickly. Happy Trails.

BitBucket
03-15-2010, 21:26
Are ya sure you really want to put Winton and the gang thru that again....

Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year. What you've done so far is pretty darn good by most standards...you only have about 833 miles (give or take a few) to claim that prize...

Better yet, why not start north to south and when you get to Vernon, if you still feel like walking to GA, keep on walking...if not, then your done and you've completed your thru...nobody's gonna ever take that away from you...

Best o' luck ....

Cookerhiker
03-15-2010, 21:31
Are ya sure you really want to put Winton and the gang thru that again....

Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year. What you've done so far is pretty darn good by most standards...you only have about 833 miles (give or take a few) to claim that prize...

Better yet, why not start north to south and when you get to Vernon, if you still feel like walking to GA, keep on walking...if not, then your done and you've completed your thru...nobody's gonna ever take that away from you...

Best o' luck ....

Good thoughts here - take them to heart Matty.

Cool AT Breeze
03-15-2010, 21:44
Matty if you can get down here I'll shuttle you up to Springer free.

CrumbSnatcher
03-15-2010, 21:53
good luck matty,just have fun!

Panzer1
03-16-2010, 03:11
there now exists as of this post a 1 in 7 hundred million chance that a thru hike can happen

That's about the same odds I have.

Panzer

Panzer1
03-16-2010, 03:23
Nobody's gonna think less if you pick up at mile marker 1339 and finish up this year.

No, he'll never start a hike in the middle of the trail. Its just not right.

Panzer

Gray Blazer
03-16-2010, 08:18
Matty if you can get down here I'll shuttle you up to Springer free.

That ought to be an interesting trip (and I use the word trip intentionally).

mweinstone
03-16-2010, 08:35
thanks coolbreeze and storm and all. today i work from 9 to 7 and all the whilst thinking of trail. not fancy trail like clingmans or newfoundland gap. common regular turns in the good ol trail where i can rest my eyes on lonely green and lay down to cowboy with the earth.

Gray Blazer
03-16-2010, 08:42
If I see you in the south this summer, I'll cook you up a coupla lbs of bacon.

Old Hillwalker
03-16-2010, 13:08
Matty, if you decide go Southbound I will shuttle you from Boston or Portland to Baxter free. I you need to do is take the train to either of those places.

Non illegitmus carborundum my friend.

sasquatch2014
03-16-2010, 14:04
Matty, if you decide go Southbound I will shuttle you from Boston or Portland to Baxter free. I you need to do is take the train to either of those places.

Non illegitmus carborundum my friend.

Heck for that matter just get to NYC take the metro and I'll get you up to Portland or Portsmouth. I would consider it a fair trade for things you have done for me. I would offer to come get you from Philly but that may have to include a visit with the in-laws so that may be pushing it a bit just kidding.

mweinstone
03-16-2010, 18:37
thank you all so frikkin much. i hate you for being so nice to me. im dirt. spit on me and walk on. but offer love and stuff? dont know what all thats about. ill take all the rides and love and then when your not lookin feed you bacon pancakes with blueberries cooked on my pot that i washed my ball in.love you that much.squatch,.....you especially. we got lots of hangin to do. and hillwalker , i only pack booze anymore. quit over a week ago!

Chaco Taco
03-16-2010, 18:53
I love ya like a brother but you just have to do it. Sell the art, find a way and just do it. You gotta stop second guessing yourself Matty. Go when you have the funds, no sooner no later. You can make that time arrive sooner if you really want.