PDA

View Full Version : Free ride to Atlanta to Dahlonega/Amicalola TOMORROW: 3/17/10

cyclista
03-16-2010, 15:09
My wife and I are driving from midtown Atlanta to Amicalola SP Lodge tomorrow late afternoon (4pm-5pm or so.) We have room for two plus packs, three if you're all small and/or very friendly (you'll all be squished in the back seat.) Sorry, no dogs.

No payment necessary: consider it a bit of pre-trail magic.

You'd need to be able to get to the Midtown MARTA station, no later than 4pm or so tomorrow.

Sorry, no room-share option with us available: this is our last night together for a long time...

A ride from Amicalola lodge to the FS 42 access to Springer might be available on the morning of Thursday, 3/18, if you wanted to go when I do (probably leaving in the 8am-8:30am range.)

PM me if you're interested: first come, first serve. I'll try to check all PMs and confirm (and this thread if/when we're full up) by 8pm tonight.

max patch
03-16-2010, 16:18
FS 42 is in the worst shape I have ever seen it in. You may want to hike the approach trail instead and not have to worry about your wife driving back down 42 alone.

cyclista
03-16-2010, 16:21
Thanks for the information, and good timing! I just posted a question about the FS 42 conditions:

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=60095

I'm fine with the approach trail, and if conditions don't improve significantly between now and Thursday, will go that route. Thanks again!

max patch
03-16-2010, 16:37
I just read your other thread and saw that you have a 4x4 jeep.

If it was me I'd give 42 a shot and let the wife decide if she wanted to drive it back alone. Its got to be in better shape (at least drier!) that it was over the weekend.

cyclista
03-16-2010, 16:41
I just read your other thread and saw that you have a 4x4 jeep.

If it was me I'd give 42 a shot and let the wife decide if she wanted to drive it back alone. Its got to be in better shape (at least drier!) that it was over the weekend.

Thank you! (And apologies to the board for my newbie cross-posting.)

This advice sounds solid. We can always start up 42, see how it feels, and return to the approach trail if need be. if nothing else, I get to spend a little more time with my wife before many months on trail.

cyclista
03-16-2010, 20:23
Hi all, still have room for one, PM tonight, and I'll confirm tonight or in the morning, and give directions.

My wife and I are driving from midtown Atlanta to Amicalola SP Lodge tomorrow late afternoon (4pm-5pm or so.) We have room for two plus packs, three if you're all small and/or very friendly (you'll all be squished in the back seat.) Sorry, no dogs.

No payment necessary: consider it a bit of pre-trail magic.

You'd need to be able to get to the Midtown MARTA station, no later than 4pm or so tomorrow.

Sorry, no room-share option with us available: this is our last night together for a long time...

A ride from Amicalola lodge to the FS 42 access to Springer might be available on the morning of Thursday, 3/18, if you wanted to go when I do (probably leaving in the 8am-8:30am range.)

PM me if you're interested: first come, first serve. I'll try to check all PMs and confirm (and this thread if/when we're full up) by 8pm tonight.