PDA

View Full Version : Golite Eden One Tent

Praha4
03-17-2010, 13:16
does this new tent from Golite look just like the Tarptent Moment?

http://www.campsaver.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=gol0128

I think I'd take the Moment, weights a lot less and cheaper price

Praha4
03-17-2010, 13:18
here's a BPL review article on the new Golite Eden series of tents

http://www.golite.com/pdf/productreview/BackpackingLight.com_OR%20Show_Eden%20Tents.pdf

Mountain Wildman
03-17-2010, 13:54
A lot like the Moment except pointy at the ends, Like the Stephenson's Warmlite.
I was just checking out the Eden yesterday.

thelowend
03-17-2010, 15:24
Yeah thats pretty much a TT Moment with a rounded strut at either end. The vestibule looks a tad roomier but overall, I think I'm gonna be happier with my TT Moment for the price and weight.

Franco
03-17-2010, 17:53
Well the Eden came out in 2006, so maybe the other way around...
In reality there are many single hoop with supported ends tents.
The best known is the Hilleberg Akto but most European manufacturer have used that design.
The difference is typically how the end is supported. Some use one strut, some two, others use a pole .
The Moment has borrowed the PitchLoc corner (that triangular thingo..) from the Scarp.
Having fiddled with the other designs I think that the PitChLoc is a very clever solution(strong,light and easy to place in tension)
Note that the Eden is a two wall tent whilst the Moment is an hybrid (fly with one full wall)
Franco

BTW, having being at home for two years doing nothing (hence my time on the forums) I have decided to get involved on the business side of Tarptent.
So I will have some stock here for people in my area to have a look, play with and possibly buy.
This is still more of a hobby than a business (IE, I would be making more on unemployment benefits...) but gives me something to do.
Please keep in mind that my comments relate to the way I see it, not necessarily Henry's point of view.

[email protected] ([email protected])

butts0989
03-17-2010, 18:30
ya id just stick with the moment, and as franco knows it is much more enjoyable to deal with shires than it is with a bigger company, golite. Ive found much better workmanship from shires than golite as well

JRiker
03-17-2010, 19:43
3 1/2 pounds for a 1 person tent? uggh! that's why i tarp with a homemade bug bivy...

stranger
03-18-2010, 02:22
It probably resembles the Mountain Hardware Stiletto more than anything