PDA

View Full Version : Wisp Toothbrush

mkmangold
03-17-2010, 21:15
Found this at a dollar store: http://www.colgatewisp.com/wisp/HomePage.

It has a brush on one end and a pick on the other. No weight is listed but it's very light. There is a fluoride-laced perle in the middle which lasts 5-10 brushes.
Just FYI.

holyphenol
03-18-2010, 06:52
maybe it's just me, but when i tried one of the buggers out it didn't hold up...
for me, the number I would have to carry to get the same utility as a normal brush outweighs just lopping off a handle...

Spokes
03-18-2010, 06:56
I love dollar store toothbrushes!

Rocket Jones
03-18-2010, 07:19
I've tried them and they're all right. They are, however, single-use and disposable. That little dollop of toothpaste in the middle disolves immediately in your mouth, so if you reuse the brush you need to add your own cleaner.

Blissful
03-19-2010, 21:05
Only good for touch ups, wouldn't not use it for reg toothbrush trail wise, imo. Don't think it will clean effectively long term

trixie
03-19-2010, 21:13
I used one a few weeks ago and wasn't terribly impressed - but it was definitely better than no brushing! The little gel bead in the middle was hard and never really dissolved. I'd pick a tooth brush over the wisp, but was happy to have minty-fresh breath! :)

ephbulay123
06-21-2011, 17:42
I will buy this for my little girl. I am sure she will like it.

Trailbender
06-22-2011, 07:15
Looks like worthless garbage. You lose so much utility over a regular toothbrush for minimal weight savings. When I started cutting off weight, the lighter gear had to do the same thing as the heavier gear, with little loss in use. This doesn't fit the bill, buy a regular toothbrush and take a hacksaw to the handle.

daddytwosticks
06-22-2011, 07:17
They are OK to use for a short hike, like an overnighter. Anything longer and I'm bringing something better/more effective. :)

carpediemkath
06-30-2011, 01:24
I saw a few of these discarded around shelters on the trail between Springer and the NOC. One woman I knew started out with several and used one a day, and packed out the used ones. What's the point? With all those disposables she didn't have a weight saving and lost a lot of function in the process. If you're going for more than a weekend, it just makes more sense to carry a toothbrush. That way you won't be adding more plastic to the landfills and running the risk that you accidentally leave one or two behind on the trail.

lemon b
06-30-2011, 08:12
Do not like them. They do not feel right and are a waste of plastic.