PDA

View Full Version : Free stuff, anyone?

K2
03-18-2010, 15:09
As hikers, we like to reduce pack weight when possible, therefore, many of us get trial/travel size products.

It's nice not to have to pay for it. What free samples are you finding/getting? ~K2~

PS: For Biotene users (tooth products for people with chronic dry mouth), there are no trial sizes of toothpaste on the market. I am getting sample packages from the dentist, which have .75 oz tube of toothpaste, 2oz. mouthwash and small tear packets of their dry mouth moisturizer. Of course, I am paying for the dental work; not free.

David@whiteblaze
03-18-2010, 19:03
you could try sugar packets, I got some coupons for tuna, so it cost like $0.69 for lunch (plus the cost of sandwich thins) umm, If you're a freeze-dried eggs fan, I always mix syrup in with mine, and cracker barrel gave me these liitle (glass) bottles of thin syrup and it only takes 1/2 bottle for pancakes, so I'm gonna use one of those for sugar... Oh yeah, the sugar goes good on nuetralizing the aftertaste of mild cheddar, if eaten together...

Rick500
03-18-2010, 19:09
But cheddar is so awesome, why would you want to kill the flavor?

(I know, to each his own.) :)

David@whiteblaze
03-18-2010, 19:59
It doesn't kill the flavor, just the clingy-mouth aftertaste... not like dumping sugar on it, like as much as will stick if you hang it upside-down