PDA

View Full Version : Meta 1P

PR Man
03-21-2010, 13:22
I'm planning a section hike for this summer.

Does anyone have experience with the Nemo Meta 1P tent.

Also - the manufacturer web site says it is "out of stock".

Does anyone know where to buy one?

Lion King
03-21-2010, 13:45
Kate Ketschek

603-881-9353 (o)

100 Factory St.
Nashua, NH 03060

tell her I sent you.:sun

randalmartin
04-03-2010, 22:52
I just purchased the Nemo Meta 1p. You can purchase them on sale (10% off) at Campsaver.com. Personally this seems like an ingeniously designed tent. I have searched high and low and can't find anything that comes close to comparing to it's combination of low weight and space. Really incredible. It weighs the same as Nemo's Gogo Bivy. I will post an update once I get it and can evaluate but honestly Campsaver gives you a 60 day return for any reason.

ARambler
04-04-2010, 00:28
This tent looks pretty similar to the Six Moon Design Lunur Solo. The SMD tent is a classic in the thru community and silnylon so probably lighter. There is no reason another comnpany could not make a similarly good tent with a somewhat different set of features.

I have a 2 person SMD tent that is lighter than the Nemo.

randalmartin
04-05-2010, 00:06
Thanks for that info ARambler. You are right, those are strikingly similar tents. I will have to keep that in mind if for some reason the Meta 1p doesn't work out. The only noticeable difference I see is the Nemo has significant vent on the opposite side of the entrance and the Nemo weighs about 3oz more.

TIDE-HSV
04-05-2010, 00:09
Thanks for that info ARambler. You are right, those are strikingly similar tents. I will have to keep that in mind if for some reason the Meta 1p doesn't work out. The only noticeable difference I see is the Nemo has significant vent on the opposite side of the entrance and the Nemo weighs about 3oz more.

The vent weighs 3 oz... :)