PDA

View Full Version : Getting out there

Simba
03-21-2010, 17:12
They say 90% of it is in your head when hiking; I truly believe in that. I keep putting off an easy nine day straight hike from Greenwood lake to Kent, Conn. Now that it is in stone that I leave Tuesday it isn't a big deal; but how many actually procrastinate leaving alone? I know I have for a week, but still it is yard work weather too; priorities. Well, if anyone is out there in the NY area see ya some time. I really need to walk.

Simba
03-21-2010, 17:22
They say 90% of it is in your head when hiking; I truly believe in that. I keep putting off an easy nine day straight hike from Greenwood lake to Kent, Conn. Now that it is in stone that I leave Tuesday it isn't a big deal; but how many actually procrastinate leaving alone? I know I have for a week, but still it is yard work weather too; priorities. Well, if anyone is out there in the NY area see ya some time. I really need to walk.

Manwich
03-21-2010, 17:46

If I'm alone, odds are I'm procrasturbating. Get off the computer and get out there.

sasquatch2014
03-21-2010, 21:29
If it's any motivator I think there should be a few beers waiting for you in the stream by Telephone Pioneer Shelter.

jrwiesz
03-22-2010, 06:06
...actually procrastinate...yard work weather too; priorities...

If you, yourself, are not #1 priority, how can one set other priorities?

Enjoy a hike; it'll give you time to set priorities. :sun

10-K
03-22-2010, 06:11
I can't say as I ever had a problem leaving for a hike and look forward to leaving more and more as the day gets closer.

What I do contend with is the "real world" creeping back in on the last day of my hike. I start thinking about what I have to do when I get back, what's going on at work, etc. etc. I'm getting better at this though...

Cookerhiker
03-22-2010, 08:40

The yard work can wait - have a great hike!

Simba
03-22-2010, 11:49
I noted the beers you left; thanks. I've been motivated, just a small voice kept me home to do some spring yard stuff as priority; I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon and hitting the first shelter for the night. In the past there was always something really pushing me to get out there fast; but nowadays my home has become a giant hiking shelter (chalet model) and the environment I live in is trail-like and quiet. When I bought this first home of mine I must have unknowingly kept the trail life in mind. SO.....really getting out there even though it is going to rain a few days straight. :sun

Marta
03-22-2010, 12:54
Note: I just merged the two threads which have the same title/same first post.

Lion King
03-22-2010, 12:58
I procratinate coming back.