PDA

View Full Version : Anybody hiking around Erwin this weekend

10-K
03-22-2010, 20:35
I'm driving up Thursday night and am going to hike Devil's Fork Gap to Erwin again starting Friday morning - anybody going to be hiking up that way this weekend?

Highs are in the 60's all week.

A-Train
03-22-2010, 21:55
I'm driving up Thursday night and am going to hike Devil's Fork Gap to Erwin again starting Friday morning - anybody going to be hiking up that way this weekend?

Couple friends and I are probably starting this weekend from Hot Springs and making our way to the Roan Highlands, so we should be passing thru Erwin around early next week.

Chaco Taco
03-22-2010, 22:31

Nice hike. Cant wait to see your pics on this one! Just got more snow. Be careful after Street Gap, hard to follow the trail with the snow and ice still up there. No matter the weather down around the gap, you will have wet sloppy snow to deal with and a bunch of it at 4000 and higher. The CMC will be out on Wed cleaning up the trees!!:D

Chaco Taco
03-22-2010, 22:32
Couple friends and I are probably starting this weekend from Hot Springs and making our way to the Roan Highlands, so we should be passing thru Erwin around early next week.

Thats is the best section in the south, in my opinion