PDA

View Full Version : non-hiking undies

Pickleodeon
03-23-2010, 20:14
Ladies, when you're not hiking, like sitting in cube land at a desk all day, what kind of undies have you found to be the most comfortable, etc.

I find that my thighs (and other regions) sweat when I'm sitting with my legs closed all lady-like at work all day (I hate being lady-like). My pants bunch up at the legs and make my undies even more uncomfortable and I'm just not satisfied with standard 100% cotton hanes undies anymore. Maybe some kind of wicking ones? The main problem is the part around my legs seem to get more uncomfortable the longer I'm sitting and the seams are pretty flat, but still annoying.

Any comfy undies suggestions? For everday wear?

Blissful
03-23-2010, 20:52
I really like the Barely There brand. A little pricey but very nice, and many times they are on sale.

Trailweaver
03-24-2010, 01:18
Barely there with the high cut legs. . . most comfortable unders I've ever had.

hellomolly
03-24-2010, 07:28
Hey, while we're on the undies topic... anyone have suggestions for good HIKING underwear as well? I bought a pair of ex officio boy briefs because they got amazingly good reviews but found them to be uncomfortable! Maybe I have a wierd butt, lol. I really don't like the whole granny panty look, even when hiking, but I can't imagine hiking in a thong either - which apparently some people do. Don't know how they do it!

skinny minnie
03-24-2010, 09:15
Patagucci. Not cheap but so comfy. My pair has lasted for years.

Also icebreaker - wool ='s awesome. Again, not cheap but sometimes they will pop up on steepandcheap. And if you are on the email list you can get sales sometimes. Same thing goes for Patagonia.

If you are looking for a cheaper version Target has undies a lot like the Patagonia ones.

I wear these both in the office and hiking! I hate boy cut and always opt for bikini. Molly, the icebreaker underwear is actually pretty cute. There are a few different styles out there, though.

My favorite ones are icebreaker, esp. to sleep in - they just feel lighter.

Pickleodeon
03-24-2010, 17:46
ok, scratch the Icebreaker. I refuse to pay $30 for one pair of underwear.. I don't care how great they are. I don't even typically pay the victoria's secret prices, I was thinking of splurging for more comfy undies, but $30- thanks but no thanks!

I have some of the C9 ones from Target, they're not bad, but I wasn't super impressed, I think they ride up and give me wedgies if I remember correctly. Plus, can't they give me more options than just black or white?

Hawkwind61
03-24-2010, 17:56
Hey, while we're on the undies topic... anyone have suggestions for good HIKING underwear as well? I bought a pair of ex officio boy briefs because they got amazingly good reviews but found them to be uncomfortable! Maybe I have a wierd butt, lol. I really don't like the whole granny panty look, even when hiking, but I can't imagine hiking in a thong either - which apparently some people do. Don't know how they do it!
I've done well with EMS (Eastern Mountain Sports) brand bikini style, I even wear them for my martial arts classes. They stay put! LOL!

Roland
03-24-2010, 17:57
You've dismissed all the suggestions given to you. Watch out. The next advice may be to go commando.

Hawkwind61
03-24-2010, 18:17
You've dismissed all the suggestions given to you. Watch out. The next advice may be to go commando.
LOL! That works too...;)

Noah Genda
03-24-2010, 18:20
Oh my, this thread was hilarious...I love hiker women...here's to hiker undies!:banana

Bear Cables
03-24-2010, 23:57
Body by Victoria, great for hiking too.

skinny minnie
03-25-2010, 09:07
ok, scratch the Icebreaker. I refuse to pay $30 for one pair of underwear.. I don't care how great they are. I don't even typically pay the victoria's secret prices, I was thinking of splurging for more comfy undies, but $30- thanks but no thanks!

Haha yeah I'm not gonna lie - I pro deal them - otherwise I would never buy them. But they do have sales! I'd ask for them as a christmas gift.

The target undies were not the C9 ones but this was a while ago so maybe they don't carry them any more. I haven't been to Target in many moons.

I just wear american eagle underwear otherwise. And it's cotton. Actually less sweaty than the EMS stuff and Patagonia, when I'm just sitting around.

(GUYS. STOP READING THIS THREAD! No need for you to know what kinds of undies we wear! :rolleyes:)

tothetrail
04-04-2010, 13:07
For everyday, I love the Victoria Secret cotton bikini. They often go on sale for 5/$25, regularly $7 or $8, I think.

For hiking, I have one pair of Icebreakers and love them, I think I got them for about $15 at Altrec.

Barnaclese
04-05-2010, 21:52
This is coming from a guy, but...

No underwear! When I go hiking I either wear running shorts with liner, mesh athletic shorts (http://www.essentialapparel.com/index.cfm/a/catalog.prodshow/vid/5840/catid/277?CMP=AFC-SHOPZILLA) without liner (heavy and bulky but the most comfortable until they're wet), or compression shorts (http://www.rei.com/product/778275). I personally use UnderArmour for compression shorts, but I don't think UA makes them for women.

The compression shorts probably work the best, but they're like wearing tights and after a while you just want to take them off and wear something else.

SweetestFetus
04-28-2010, 16:48
Haines Perfect Panties. I'm considering these for hiking as well. They're pretty much just thin, stretchy mesh... best undies in the world. And cheap.