PDA

View Full Version : Jester Leaving Harpers Ferry

Jester2000
03-24-2010, 09:34
Sorry for the use of the third person in the title.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm leaving both The Outfitter at Harpers Ferry and Harpers Ferry itself. Today (3/24) is my last day, and I'll be packing up and heading out later this week.

I've enjoyed working at The Outfitter, and loved having hikers stay at my place last summer. Thanks to all WB members who stopped by to see me while I was here.

For those of you who are fans of our Facebook page, Ron will be taking over the administration of that.

Thanks!
Jester

Cookerhiker
03-24-2010, 09:43
Good luck Jester. Where to? Aren't you going to miss all the Civil War and other historical attractions in and near HF?

sasquatch2014
03-24-2010, 14:55
Sorry to hear you will no longer be our eyes on the ground in HF. On the other hand it is about time you got serious and quit doing your true calling on a part time basis. Being the Mayor of Billville is a full time job. There are so many great public works projects that must be overseen. With this extra time is it true you will be at TD's early enough to build a palisades around the Billville area to help protect it's denizens from thievery?

Roland
03-24-2010, 17:04
"To every thing there is a season"

All the best to you, wherever you land.

johnnybgood
03-24-2010, 17:17
" And a time to every purpose under heaven"

Jester2000
03-24-2010, 17:18
Thanks, Roland!

Back to Philly for now, to resume my duties as Mayor of Billville. There are a lot of citizenship applications that have been waiting for approval. The town dump claims that the winery is encroaching on its property and "making everything look all French;" the Billville police all failed their drug tests following the burning of all of the weed in the evidence locker; and despite everyone's best efforts, the local hall rented out for contra dances by the citizens of Williamstown has yet to burn to the ground.

There's a lot to do.

Blissful
03-24-2010, 17:41
Hope all goes well.

Chaco Taco
03-24-2010, 17:49
Thewski is probably freakin out:D Good luck Jester

Thanks, Roland!

Back to Philly for now, to resume my duties as Mayor of Billville. There are a lot of citizenship applications that have been waiting for approval. The town dump claims that the winery is encroaching on its property and "making everything look all French;" the Billville police all failed their drug tests following the burning of all of the weed in the evidence locker; and despite everyone's best efforts, the local hall rented out for contra dances by the citizens of Williamstown has yet to burn to the ground.

There's a lot to do.

mweinstone
03-24-2010, 17:55
come home jester. this is where you belong.my apt is your gateway to bacon. remember, when you see matthewski, hes your window to clorestorol.

GeneralLee10
03-24-2010, 19:35
Who am I going have that beer with now? Guess I'll just do the 4 state challenge now.

DrRichardCranium
03-24-2010, 20:02
Hi, Jester! It was nice meeting you Monday! Right now I'm on the train to Atlanta to start my thru-hike. Train was delayed 1.5 hours.

Jester2000
03-24-2010, 20:48
Hi, Jester! It was nice meeting you Monday! Right now I'm on the train to Atlanta to start my thru-hike. Train was delayed 1.5 hours.

Great meeting you as well! Good luck on your hike and keep us updated!

Jester2000
03-24-2010, 20:50
Who am I going have that beer with now? Guess I'll just do the 4 state challenge now.

I'll meet you for that beer somewhere between Harpers & Del Gap. That's my effective trail magicking range . . . we'll figure it out!

sasquatch2014
03-24-2010, 21:18
I might drive to DWG that is with in my training area!

Ox97GaMe
03-24-2010, 23:58
Sorry to hear this Jester. I am going to be in the DC area next week and will be stopping in Harpers. I was thinking about looking you up while I was in town. Where you moving to?

Lion King
03-25-2010, 00:04
well, no karaoke reunoin this time...

Jester2000
03-25-2010, 00:55
Sadly, no. Heading to Philadelphia for some bacon with Matty.

camojack
03-25-2010, 06:48
Mmm...bacon! :clap

lazy river road
03-25-2010, 08:17
AAAHHH man im bummed to hear this. You were a great help when I meet you at the outfitters and over the phone. I was hopeing to come say hi this friday (tommrow). IM doing a day half in day half out starting from HF. Best of luck in PHilly and all you new adventures

Lion King
03-25-2010, 09:44

Ill be at the PhillyTrain Station from 2-3:45...come by, we'll set up a fake karaoke and freak people out.

Ill be Franklin, you dress as Jefferson and we'll sing the decleration.:D

Matty can be Woodrow Wilson, it makes sense, cuz it makes no sense...as long as he brings the bacon.

Panzer1
03-25-2010, 10:53
when's the welcome home party?

Panzer

Johnny Thunder
03-25-2010, 12:14
Ill be at the PhillyTrain Station from 2-3:45...come by, we'll set up a fake karaoke and freak people out.

Matty can be Woodrow Wilson, it makes sense, cuz it makes no sense...as long as he brings the bacon.

If you go into the old tunnel nearest the SEPTA side it's a whispering hallway. You can stand in one corner and jester can be 200 ft away and you guys could be like Nate Dog and warren G with none of the mid-day commuters at all the wiser.

Jim Adams
03-25-2010, 14:50

Woodrow Wilson ate bacon?

geek

veteran
03-26-2010, 09:27
Remember what W. C. Fields said about Philadelphia. :D

Disney
03-29-2010, 14:59
I will really miss the facebook activity. I really enjoyed all the pictures you posted, especially the river when it looked like it might flood. Good Luck with your next endeavor.

Jester2000
03-31-2010, 14:47
Hello! I'm in Philadelphia. No internet right now. I'm posting this just using my brain.

Kerosene
03-31-2010, 17:30
Hello! I'm in Philadelphia. No internet right now. I'm posting this just using my brain.Well, it worked Jester! Of course, how can we be sure that it was really your brain and not an alien? After all, it's well known that there are a lot of aliens living in and around Philly (see posts by that Matt guy). ;)

Spirit Walker
04-01-2010, 17:13
Going hiking? The CDT is waiting for you. This should be a good year for a SOBO hike.

Jester2000
04-05-2010, 12:40
Going hiking? The CDT is waiting for you. This should be a good year for a SOBO hike.

The reason I left had a lot to do with an inability to save money for a CDT hike while working there. So no CDT this year, but hopefully it'll happen in the not too distant future. And before it does I'm going to grill you like crazy.