PDA

View Full Version : GoLite Pinnacle Business Writing Project

RGB
03-24-2010, 13:08
My role is a possible customer, that wants more information on the Pinnacle. I'm supposed to write a fictional business letter to a GoLite customer service rep in order to try and make an informed decision whether or not to buy the pack. In the letter I have to include:

Positive aspects of the pack
Negative aspects of the pack
How it could be better

(I don't make up these prompts, I just do the homework :rolleyes: )

Can anyone that has had experience with this pack give me some input?

butts0989
03-24-2010, 15:16
absolutely one of the top packs IMO for winter hiking. I have both the jam and the pinnacle. The pinnacle is literally just a bigger version of the jam, same features and comfort. Ive found i can carry up to 35 pounds (meaning about 7-8 days of food) in the pinnacle no problem.all around fantastic workmanship, the new version is extremely lightweight as well.

Bags4266
03-24-2010, 15:54
I also have the pinnacle,
Like's: 1)The added hip belt pockets are HUGE! Not in volume just as a bonus.
2)The ability to shrink it down for a day pack is cool, by using the bottom clips and rolling down the top.
3) 2lbs in weight, rides nice
Dislike's: very minor, 1) It needs some lashing points on the exterior for pads, small tents whatever. 2) the chest strap is too small for me to clip together

Pootz
03-24-2010, 16:00
absolutely one of the top packs IMO for winter hiking. I have both the jam and the pinnacle. The pinnacle is literally just a bigger version of the jam, same features and comfort. Ive found i can carry up to 35 pounds (meaning about 7-8 days of food) in the pinnacle no problem.all around fantastic workmanship, the new version is extremely lightweight as well.

I used the Pinnacle on my thru hike in 07 and loved it. I would not try to carry 35 pounds in the one I have. It starts to get uncomfortable for me with anything over 25 pounds. My pack weight was usually under 20 so I did not have any problems. I used it in 08 on the John Muir trail, even carried a large Barricade Bear canister in it with no problem.

good luck choosing a pack.

grayfox
03-24-2010, 16:15
Uh, Dude--wake up and smell the hiking socks. I just want you to be sure to keep in mind that this is an assignment about letter writing and not about the pack.

Spoken like a teacher, I know, guilty as charged.

Ok, so, ask about the company and if they back their product. Ask how they think a pack with no frame to speak of can carry 35 lbs. State your needs and say what other packs you are looking at. Be brief, be polite, be grateful.

I have one of these. It is a great pack. I just want you to remember that the real "business" here is meetng the criteria of your instructor's assignment.

Good luck, hope you get an A.

RGB
03-24-2010, 18:47
Uh, Dude--wake up and smell the hiking socks. I just want you to be sure to keep in mind that this is an assignment about letter writing and not about the pack.

Spoken like a teacher, I know, guilty as charged.

Ok, so, ask about the company and if they back their product. Ask how they think a pack with no frame to speak of can carry 35 lbs. State your needs and say what other packs you are looking at. Be brief, be polite, be grateful.

I have one of these. It is a great pack. I just want you to remember that the real "business" here is meetng the criteria of your instructor's assignment.

Good luck, hope you get an A.

Well, researching the product is about 30% of the criteria, including 4 online sources, so I'm not playing it down. Thanks everyone for your help.