PDA

View Full Version : 2 in 1 camera?

Flash Hand
10-11-2004, 16:42
I have problems trying to figure what and which camera to bring, and yes, its a continuing problem for me. I was told that there is a camera that have two functions, one for digital, store on mulitmedia card and regular 35mm. Wondering what is it called?

I want to bring one camera that can take two functions for my entire thru hike next year.

Any links would be apprecriated!

Thanks

Flash Hand :jump

The Solemates
10-11-2004, 17:16
Never heard of such a thing, but I would certainly also be interested if anyone can find this mysterious camera.

tlbj6142
10-11-2004, 17:18
No reason why you can't have you 35mm film scanned and put on CD when it is developed.

Flash Hand
10-11-2004, 19:11
No reason why you can't have you 35mm film scanned and put on CD when it is developed.

You think i would care to scan 1,000 pictures? :bse

Also, I rather to have LCD display on regular camera so that I can see if the picture is good. I don't know if there is a LCD display on any regular camera. The LCD display is the most reason why I wanted in a camera.

Shadrach
10-11-2004, 19:53
There are some of these cameras in existance, but i think they are either incredibly expensive or specially made.

Peaks
10-12-2004, 08:42
You think i would care to scan 1,000 pictures? :bse

Also, I rather to have LCD display on regular camera so that I can see if the picture is good. I don't know if there is a LCD display on any regular camera. The LCD display is the most reason why I wanted in a camera.

LCD display's eat batteries. Better off either leaving it off or getting a camera without one.

tlbj6142
10-12-2004, 09:46
You think i would care to scan 1,000 pictures?You don't scan them. When you have your 35mm film developed, have them scaned onto CD at the same time. Typically adds a dollar or so to the roll. And a few places online it is included in the price of having the 35mm film developed.

Not sure what a LCD would buy you on a film camera. 1) You can't delete a bad picture. 2) Unless there is a gross problem, it can be difficult to see if the picture is "good". Eyes open/close? A touch too blury? Both are difficult to see, at times, in the LCD.

Flash Hand
10-12-2004, 18:22
LCD display's eat batteries. Better off either leaving it off or getting a camera without one.

.. it will be ESPECIALLY expensive if you find out that films didnt turn out to be good and have to HIKE the entire trail again to take other pictures. So extra batteries would save your money and time than going back to the entire AT again.

Flash Hand
10-12-2004, 18:30
You don't scan them. When you have your 35mm film developed, have them scaned onto CD at the same time. Typically adds a dollar or so to the roll. And a few places online it is included in the price of having the 35mm film developed.

Not sure what a LCD would buy you on a film camera. 1) You can't delete a bad picture. 2) Unless there is a gross problem, it can be difficult to see if the picture is "good". Eyes open/close? A touch too blury? Both are difficult to see, at times, in the LCD.

Hmmm, let me clear on this.. or maybe I should give a shot to the new invention and apply for patent(s) on this. Take a picture FIRST and have it appeared on the LCD, and if you like it, press the button to have it exposured on the film. If you don't like it, press DELETE. That way, you will always know that all 27 pictures on the 24 exposure roll, will be perfect, without disappointing result.

Got it?

Pencil Pusher
10-13-2004, 02:14
So why do you want 35mm and not just go the digital route? I don't see the benefit of having a two-in-one camera unless the 35mm option does not require batteries. Even then, disposables or a cheap 35mm camera seem better. I think you'd be better with a digital though. Just bring the little USB cable for it and (assuming the internet cafes have Windows XP) you can browse through your photos without any special software. Maybe every few pictures turn on the LCD to make sure there is no dew or grit on the lens.

tlbj6142
10-13-2004, 09:33
Take a picture FIRST and have it appeared on the LCD, and if you like it, press the button to have it exposured on the film. Does this camera actually exists? Sounds like a photo copier. Does the camera have a spinning drum in it?

Even with the LCD you will still take bad pictures. Its just too difficult to judge closed eyes, slight buryness, etc. on a small LCD. Some times "red eye" doesn't show up on the LCD. Besides, as mentioned above the LCD will eat batteries.

If you want to go "cheap", but a $100 point-n-shot 35mm camera. Take 60 pictures per day. Have the film developed into prints and "CD".

Probably end up costing you less than going with this fancy camera thing.