PDA

View Full Version : Platypus storage

johnson_sb
03-29-2010, 17:48
I've seen lots of seemingly elaborate schemes for cleaning, drying and storing (or freezing) water bladders. Is there anything wrong with just storing them full of water with just a bit of bleach added? When ready to use, just rinse with clean water and you're ready to go.

Seems simpler to me, but I thought maybe keeping the bleach water in there long term might cause a problem I wasn't aware of...

JRiker
03-29-2010, 20:18
i like to rinse with bleach/water mixture to sanitize, then just water, and then store in the freezer. works well

bulldog49
03-29-2010, 20:23
I just set mine opened in the sun for a couple days to dry out and then store with the rest of my gear. Never had a problem. I've never used bleach to clean or stored frozen.

snaplok
03-30-2010, 01:09
I've seen lots of seemingly elaborate schemes for cleaning, drying and storing (or freezing) water bladders. Is there anything wrong with just storing them full of water with just a bit of bleach added? When ready to use, just rinse with clean water and you're ready to go.

Seems simpler to me, but I thought maybe keeping the bleach water in there long term might cause a problem I wasn't aware of...

I found a neat way to clean them, Efferdent denture cleaning tablets, 1 per litter, let it sit for about an hour or so, drain, rinse then I fill with filtered water and pop in my fridge that way I always have water. Right now I have 3 2 litter and 2 1 litter in the fridge.

Jonnycat
04-03-2010, 11:04
I set them upright with a small fan blowing across the top of them. When I come back the next day, they are dry and I put them away.