PDA

View Full Version : Neels gap

LimpsAlong
03-30-2010, 08:31
Gonna be showing up at Neels Gap late in the evening and catching a shuttle the next morning. Has anyone camped near there? Is there a site we can pitch camp with no problem? Don't want to stay in the hostel.
Thanks,

Gray Blazer
03-30-2010, 08:51
Walk up the access trail and camp right on the AT. No overnite camping at trhe parking lot.

Jack Tarlin
03-30-2010, 10:26
Blazer's right. Follow the Trail North less than .2 from the main building; there's a beautiful tentsite on your left.

veteran
03-30-2010, 10:50
There is a campsite at Bull Gap:

http://mapserver.mytopo.com/api/GetImage.asp?fname=389258&local_server_ip=83

LimpsAlong
03-30-2010, 10:57
Blazer's right. Follow the Trail North less than .2 from the main building; there's a beautiful tentsite on your left.

Thanks Jack and Blazer. Thats the spot!

Jack Tarlin
03-30-2010, 12:16
Limps:

If I don't pull outta here this afternoon, I'll be in the hiker hostel when you arrive. If it's after 6 and you need anything, find me or Miss Janet in the hostel, and if you arrive before 7, please join us for dinner. And definitely stop by for coffee or breakfast before you take off in the AM.

LimpsAlong
03-30-2010, 12:21
Limps:

If I don't pull outta here this afternoon, I'll be in the hiker hostel when you arrive. If it's after 6 and you need anything, find me or Miss Janet in the hostel, and if you arrive before 7, please join us for dinner. And definitely stop by for coffee or breakfast before you take off in the AM.

Well thats very neighborly of you Jack! I appreciate it. I'll have both my son-in-laws with me and this'll be their first hike so maybe you can have a little fun with them;)
Looking forward to meeting you and Miss Janet.

LimpsAlong
03-30-2010, 12:26
Limps:

Wow Jack, I just realized I made my post sound like I was arriving today. I'll be there April 24th. Will the supper invite still be good?;)

Jack Tarlin
03-30-2010, 12:52
Well I sure won't be there but Janet'll be happy to see you.