PDA

View Full Version : montrail sizing

LEM15
04-02-2010, 14:33
i wore montrail shoes during my 2006 AT thru hike and was quite pleased with them. i plan to get the new "montrail AT plus" shoes for my PCT hike this year. however, i can't remember what size i wore, and there aren't any dealers that sell montrails near me, so i need to order online. does anyone know if montrail shoes tend to run big or small? for example, i wear a 14 in nike, and a 13 in addidas. if i no one knows, i'll err on the side of too large since i hear your feet can expand significantly in the desert (not what i need with my already huge feet!).

thanks for your thoughts.

jrwiesz
04-02-2010, 14:57
I have owned two pair of 10.5 Hardrocks, of 2007 & 2008 year release. The 2007 release was a significantly snugger fit shoe; but, both do the job admirably.

I don't notice a difference in the fit, between a 10.5 Montrail, as compared to a comparable 10.5 Merrill trail runner.

Just my experience. :sun

tothetrail
04-04-2010, 13:52
The Montrail Hardrocks I have definitely run small. I wear a women's 9 in almost every other shoe, but I wear a 10 in those.

I'm also contemplating the AT Plus model and am trying to figure out if those also run small.

tenbeer
04-04-2010, 15:13
montrails run about a size small. I have had two pairs, and this is pre long distance hike. You will want to go a size to a size and a half bigger.