PDA

View Full Version : NOBO Starting in Late June

gamtns2000
04-02-2010, 21:33
I am planning to hike the Long Trail this Summer. I am planning on leaving the last week in June, and returning by July 23rd or before. Should give me ample time for this adventure. I have no qualms about hiking alone (been there, done that, prefer that) and I have done multiple days before, but not anything of this length. Also, in the process of reading LiteShoe’s book “The Ordinary Adventurer” (a must read!), and it made me realize that it probably wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a hiking partner.

So, if there is anyone who would be interested in sharing this adventure with me, or parts thereof, let me know. I can share more of my planning for those with an interest.

Wandering Soul

Tinker
04-02-2010, 22:44
I have a tentative start date of Sept 1, so I can't go though I would love to jump in to Stratton and Little Rock ponds. I've completed it in sections, but would love to have an excuse to be out for more than just two weeks at a time.

Roland
04-03-2010, 07:13
Telling us that you prefer to hike alone is an odd way of asking for a hiking partner.

DocHolliday
04-03-2010, 07:51
::Hey man, there's some beer in the chest over there.

Awesome, thanks.

::If you take one I'll kill you.

gamtns2000
04-03-2010, 07:59
Telling us that you prefer to hike alone is an odd way of asking for a hiking partner.

You do have to appease the family everyone once in a while!

Roland
04-03-2010, 08:41

You do have to appease the family everyone once in a while!

If your reason for a hiking partner is to assuage the fears of those who worry about you, you can assure them that during summer months, hikers crawl like ants, over northern New England. You will find plenty of company.

Enjoy your hike.