PDA

View Full Version : Ribz Front Pack

Graywolf
04-04-2010, 15:15
I am wondering if anyone else uses this pack?? I am reading a Trails Journal of a guy who uses this and he talks highly of it.. I went to the site and checked out the videos and read the documentaion on it..Light weight, and puts a lot of your needed gear right at your fingure tips, not to mention all the gorp and trail mix you can stuff into it..

Looks like you can lighten the load off your main pack too..

Just curious..

Graywolf

Graywolf
04-04-2010, 21:35
Sorry, I forgot to add a link,

www.ribzwear.com (http://www.ribzwear.com)

Graywolf

Moose2001
04-04-2010, 21:52
Seems like it would be really hot. A simple fanny pack worn on the front would do the same thing.

Spogatz
04-04-2010, 23:28
I have one and like it overall. I have not used it hot weather yet but if it is loose and you watch what you put in it you should be fine.

unclemjm
04-05-2010, 01:06
A few of us at Hammock Forums have been testing these and there are some good comments in this thread (http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10983).

I really like mine a lot.

Wheeler
04-05-2010, 08:27
I would think it would be hot and chafe my arms unless I moved in an unnatural way. I use packs that allow me to reach the side pocket where I keep some snacks. I also take my pack off periodically throughout the day, when I get water, break, etc... I can then get whatever I need. Might work for some; not for me.

unclemjm
04-05-2010, 09:51
I would think it would be hot and chafe my arms unless I moved in an unnatural way. I use packs that allow me to reach the side pocket where I keep some snacks. I also take my pack off periodically throughout the day, when I get water, break, etc... I can then get whatever I need. Might work for some; not for me.

I thought the same thing but that is not what I experienced.

On warmer days it is hot if fitted tightly but loosened there is increased air flow. I did not notice anything different about my gait or arm swing so there was not any unnatural movement and no chafing at least for me.