PDA

View Full Version : Springer Fever - I've Got It Bad!

Monkeywrench
04-06-2010, 09:42
I am sitting here in my little home office staring at computer screens, but my mind is in Georgia; Springer Mountain, Neels Gap, Tray Mountain, and on and on and on. I want so much to be back there hiking the trail again.

Sigh...

sidebackside
04-06-2010, 09:50
What have you been doing since your hike?

sbhikes
04-07-2010, 23:02
You know, if you have the fever it means you aren't finished yet. Whether or not you reached the end of the trail. You should get back out there and hike until you are completely finished.

Hikingsasquatch
04-08-2010, 09:18
I haven't been on the AT since '99! I still get the fever. When it's bad, I reconnect with the trail community or head outside on the local trails to get my fix. Inevitably, some of us have to thru again to put the fever in remission. Take heart. The fever will subside in time if it doesn't kill you.

The Solemates
04-08-2010, 09:21
I get the fever every couple days. you got it off easy if you just get it in the spring!

-Ghost-
04-10-2010, 18:42
CDT is up next! =)

Gator 65
04-21-2010, 21:46
Hey Monkey wrench! Good to hear from you. I am also thinking about Springer but mostly Maine after getting through "the notch" I will always remember your text message about getting turned away at he gate that morning at Baxter. I was sitting on the summit. I hope your well. I truly want to hit the trail for at least a week.

Gator