PDA

View Full Version : Hawks Vittles

bus
04-06-2010, 20:30
Hi

Has anyone ordered anything from Hawks Vittles lately? I orderd last week and haven't received a confirmation or had any emails returned.

I know he was moving, but, I also saw on his website that the move was complete. There isn't a big need for a rush filling of the order, I just was hoping to know that he received the order.

Thanks

troy

bullseye
04-06-2010, 20:52
I bought some items about a month ago. Order came pretty quick.

Toolshed
04-06-2010, 20:59
I'm sure Redhawk completed his move. I know he had to be out by the 20th. From what I read he was going to continue the business, just not get involved in the forum.
I am not sure how to reach him, other than he is in Gloversville now. If I hear he's is back online I will ask him about vittles. You could also try him at siouxme at siouxme dot com

WinterWarlock
04-06-2010, 21:15
If you're on Facebook he's there too....heard from him on Sunday.

redhawk
04-06-2010, 22:48
Hi

Has anyone ordered anything from Hawks Vittles lately? I orderd last week and haven't received a confirmation or had any emails returned.

I know he was moving, but, I also saw on his website that the move was complete. There isn't a big need for a rush filling of the order, I just was hoping to know that he received the order.

Thanks

troy

Where did you send the emails? I haven't received any asking about orders. Normally there is no confirmation for orders that i have received. If Paypal confirms your payent then I usually have received the order.

At present I have 4 orders oending. Two will be shipped tomorrow. Because of the move and some electrical problems (had to ad another circuit to habdle the dehydrators) , I am running behind my normal shipping window. It will probably be another couple of weeks before I get back to a normal routine.

I am not sure which order is yours I also shipped 2 orders on Monday so I can;t tell you the status. Email me at [email protected] and tell me the name on the order. I can tell you that I have an order that is shipping tomorrow to a "Troy C****r". I don't understand why IO haven't received any emails if you made an inquiry.

I apologize for any inconvenience. Unavoidable circumstances along with the convergence of the planets or some such things have me off my feed.

Redhawk

bus
04-07-2010, 10:47
Hey Redhwak

I used the 'contact us' link on the website. But, that person you mentioned is me and I received the message from paypal saying the order has shipped!! Thanks!

My main concern was that you had, in fact, received the order. Your reviews speak for themsleves so I wasnt worried about poor service at all.

Being a photographer of vehicles that go to other planets I can totally understand alignments wrecking havoc or lending east to the day :)

Thanks again!!!

bus
04-07-2010, 10:48
And that is a vey quick turn around by the way. I just ordered Thursday. Thanks!!!!

IceAge
04-07-2010, 17:56
Hawk is fast! As mentioned above, become a fan on Facebook and you get all the updates.

bus
05-05-2010, 11:08
Best dehydrated/hiking food that that I have tried. 2nd order came even quicker.
Thanks!

WinterWarlock
05-05-2010, 11:16
Best dehydrated/hiking food that that I have tried. 2nd order came even quicker.
Thanks!

No doubt - no commercial brand comes close. I even take some in my luggage now for my int'l trips.

mtnkngxt
05-09-2010, 11:58
Got all my meals from him for my trip this coming week. Tried a few things ahead of time, and I'll eat better on the trail than I do at home.

RollingStone
05-09-2010, 12:36
My daughter did a great review of Hawk Vittles on her website - www.practicaltrailcooking.com

The best thing I like about his meals are that they are not assembled from other ingredients like the meals provided by Packit Gourmet. They are home cooked and dried and they have the flavor to prove it.

Many kudos to William Redhawk and the good food Hawk Vittles provides.

Hoop
05-09-2010, 20:17
Now he provides ingregients/nutritional info on the package, too.

Hikes in Rain
05-10-2010, 15:26
Based on this thread, I finally got off the couch and ordered a couple of dinners. Have to admit, they taste incredible. After rehydration, I thought they could just a couple of minutes of additional simmering, and yes, the slight "crunchiness" went away. Probably should have let it sit a little longer.

I'll absolutely be bringing some on my next hike.