PDA

View Full Version : zaleski trail, ohio

steve43
04-07-2010, 08:07
they're in the process of beginning to log a portion of the zaleski trail between pts. F-G. this section of the trail may be closed to hiking in the near future, but they have an alternate route that follows the water supply road from king hollow rd.(?) to pt. H. it was open this past weekend after they closed it for a controlled burn, but i'm guessing they're going to close it pretty soon for logging.

fifo

elray
04-07-2010, 10:33
There was another section closed in that same area for the last two or three years so this is nothing new. I have mixed feelings about the amount of logging that has taken place there in recent times as most of it consists of ugly clear cutting. I suspect that they close the section being logged not for our safety, but to hide it from our inquiring minds. That said, I was very distressed in the late seventies when this method was first practiced in the forest but those areas have now rebounded quite nicely and provide some really good small game and wild turkey habitat. I love that old Trail and have been hiking it since its creation.

OHBob
04-07-2010, 12:45
Thanks for the update. I plan to take a hike there soon so will plan accordingly.