PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a great forum

clb
04-08-2010, 07:57
I'm new to backpacking, don't even have a pack yet, but do have a brand new Warbonnet hammock set up. I live in the east TX pineywoods. Have hiked off and on for years, but never considered backpacking because I have a herniated lumbar disc. However, with lighter weight gear available these days, I'm going to give it a go. I have been kayaking and canoeing for several years. I'm looking forward to gleaning lots of hiking info here.
thanks,
leigh

Storm
04-08-2010, 11:17
Wecome to Whiteblaze.:welcome

Blissful
04-08-2010, 13:04
Sounds good!! Glad you're here.

Silverbullet52
04-08-2010, 15:28
Wecome to Whiteblaze.:welcome

Roger that ....

unclemjm
04-08-2010, 18:04
I'm new to backpacking, don't even have a pack yet, but do have a brand new Warbonnet hammock set up. I live in the east TX pineywoods. Have hiked off and on for years, but never considered backpacking because I have a herniated lumbar disc. However, with lighter weight gear available these days, I'm going to give it a go. I have been kayaking and canoeing for several years. I'm looking forward to gleaning lots of hiking info here.
thanks,
leigh

Welcome to Whiteblaze!

There's tons of good info here and if you have a question, don't be shy. Also be sure and check out the sister forum, hammockforums.net the group there is also awesome and can really help you with any hammock questions as well as include you in any of the number of group events that are great for learning and meeting fellow hammock/backpacking folks.

In fact several of us Texas hammock hangers had a group "hang" at Ratcliff Lake in your neck of the woods just a month ago.

clb
04-08-2010, 20:22
I have been to HF! In fact that's how I ended up with all my hanging gear! I was out of town when you guys had your south tx hang, but I would sure like to get in on the next one!!
leigh

Foxtrot
04-08-2010, 22:53
thanks,
leigh

Good luck with it. I hope backpacking works out for you.

Tinker
04-08-2010, 23:59
Great forum.
Compared to what?
Just messin' :D
Welcome!

Mary Tooles
04-10-2010, 14:16
Please help me! My nephew is in North or South Carolina on the trail without a cell phone. We have had a serious family emergency and I need to find him. What is the best way to do this?

Skidsteer
04-10-2010, 18:45
Please help me! My nephew is in North or South Carolina on the trail without a cell phone. We have had a serious family emergency and I need to find him. What is the best way to do this?

I doubt he's in South Carolina.

What date did he start, which direction is he hiking, and where did he get on trail?

Tinker
04-10-2010, 21:08

Try calling the Appalachian Trail Conservancy :
http://www.appalachiantrail.org/site/c.mqLTIYOwGlF/b.4805591/k.9727/Visitor_Centers.htm
I hope this helps.

fredmugs
04-12-2010, 15:01
Beware of the "experts" here on WB.