PDA

View Full Version : Hiker Kostel

Rowdy Yates
04-08-2010, 09:32
Question for all you WB'ers -- Is there a hiker hostel near Troutville/Daleville? I haven't heard of one so I thought I would ask. :confused:

d.o.c
04-08-2010, 09:48
no but i should start one... and had the thought i jus dont kno if i would at all be able to give all my time to it. ha but theres lots of nice hiker freindly folks here that have been known to put hikers up... the odd couple i kno have..

Rowdy Yates
04-08-2010, 10:53
no but i should start one... and had the thought i jus dont kno if i would at all be able to give all my time to it. ha but theres lots of nice hiker freindly folks here that have been known to put hikers up... the odd couple i kno have..

:D d.o.c. I think it would be a great service to the hiking community IF there was a hiker friendly hostel in that general area. Most who stay there have to stay in Motels. I will probably need to stay at least one night during my section hike into that area in August. I have a shuttle arranged from there to my starting point so I will likely need it at the end of my hike in Daleville/Troutville. Thanks for the info.

Jaybird
04-08-2010, 11:36
:D d.o.c. I think it would be a great service to the hiking community IF there was a hiker friendly hostel in that general area. Most who stay there have to stay in Motels.....ETC......

there are plenty of CHEEP motels in the DALEVILLE/TROUTVILLE area!
ALSO, a shuttle guy, DEL "Trail Angel" SCHECTERLEY lives in that area & provides shuttles @ a minimal cost...he is listed :D

tell him "Jaybird" said "HEY!"

See ya'll out there Apr 24-May 8 NOBO
Clarks Valley,PA up to Greenwood Lake,NY
w/ "Jigsaw"

d.o.c
04-09-2010, 09:43
the thought is there i live down salt pond road its a lil walk but there is a path from the end of salt pond to my house ha so its not that hard for them to get there its jus poss more thn 1.5 mile walk tho and i would only be able to have a few folks at a time.. i hike all the time and usualy when i hit it off with a hiker around here they end up at my place anyways.
ps. tht path isnt blazed been thnkn bout doin it but it has to cross the parkway and i dk about paintin blazes out there ha

d.o.c
04-09-2010, 09:47
ha and i have a freind who lives jus past the lil downtown area of troutville in a big yellow house hes also been thnkn bout settn up like a big tent hostel or somthn but idk if it will become a reality.. but yea i useualy have my number in a register around there so look for it

Rowdy Yates
04-09-2010, 10:02
Thanks d.o.c. I just may have to give you a call the last week of August when I arrive in Troutville/Daleville.

d.o.c
04-09-2010, 10:21
ill look forward to hearing from ya then

just dad
04-09-2010, 20:19
We are section hiking the southern 1/2 of Virginia this summer. Do you have any suggestions how I can resupply between Pearisburg and Daleville? This section of trail is a long way for he kids and me. Is the Catawba PO and market the only option?

d.o.c
04-10-2010, 01:55
catawba is ur best bet if i remeber but the hike is nice so i thnk it shouldnt give u much trouble to do that part u cross a few roads and ya kno roads will tke u anywhere...