PDA

View Full Version : trail shoes....

Hammock Hanger
10-15-2004, 10:23
As I wore my shoes out on the rocks from NH to ME this summer I have to buy a new pair or more....

They are having a good sale over at: Onlineshoes.com "Outdoor"

I just ordered the Teva Haze. My favorite hiking shoe is the Salomon XA Comp but I can't find it anywhere in my size, even after doing an online search. They normally cost $90. These Teva Have have alot of the features I like in a trail shoe so I'm checking them out. --- Free Shipping is also nice.

Just passing a sale along. Sue/HH

Alligator
10-15-2004, 11:06
Hi HH, I just bought a pair of Salomon XA trail runners from sierratradingpost.com, $49.95. Don't know if you looked there. They had other Salomons, at least in my size (M10). This is my first pair of trail runners, so I can't give much info on this pair. Lot's of mesh. The only thing I wasn't sure about were the laces. They're anchored to the first loop, so if they should break, I may have a problem. On the plus side, no tying, just a sliding lock.

Hammock Hanger
10-15-2004, 11:12
Hi HH, I just bought a pair of Salomon XA trail runners from sierratradingpost.com, $49.95. Don't know if you looked there. They had other Salomons, at least in my size (M10). This is my first pair of trail runners, so I can't give much info on this pair. Lot's of mesh. The only thing I wasn't sure about were the laces. They're anchored to the first loop, so if they should break, I may have a problem. On the plus side, no tying, just a sliding lock.
I did check there but none in my size. I was a little worried about the slide lock lacing myself. But they held tough. These shoes were fantastic for hiking in water and mud. I would just walk right thru the slop and my feet felt fine. They dried fast and were comfy to put on even when damp. The tread held good on the rocks even when wet. I even went swimming with them once. Hope they work out as well for you. Sue/HH